Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58808 - 09/14/06 04:44 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
Originally posted by zumbido:
So in between your high-level airplane crash consulting you find time to dribble here?
This from a guy who links to a car mag as his end-all be-all authority on this subject, yet cannot answer one of my relevant questions?

#58809 - 09/14/06 04:56 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
Another fishy bit about the pentagon is that out of some three or four surveillance cameras all that was publicly released was a split second clip of the impact. Surely the other cameras must have caught the incoming plane, no?

#58810 - 09/14/06 05:05 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
You mean missile. They never provided any physical evidence that a 757 hit that building. No conclusive wreckage, photos, nothing. Just "eyewitnesses". Pay an actor enough and they'll say anything.

#58811 - 09/14/06 05:12 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

Loc: El Lay
"causing a seemingly controlled collapse onto itself in a pile of rubble? Because it is impossible."

I've no architectural/structural background.

However, my cousin, who is quite a successful architect, finds it completely probable.

"... yet cannot answer one of my relevant questions?"

Apparently, you haven't posted anything relevant.

The thing that one learns as they become smarter (me), is that there are experts - I'm not one in this field. I therefore, deferred you to a reliable source.

If you want to talk about music theory - I know way more than you, since I am an expert. Fire away.

I do not believe that 'Popular Mechanics' is a car-mag.

Uh, jonnygee-gee, I'm an American - you gotta problem with that?

#58812 - 09/14/06 06:27 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
I've no architectural/structural background.

However, my cousin, who is quite a successful architect, finds it completely probable.
Oh brother. Thanks for clearing that up. Of course you're not, and of course he does. So do 64% of 'mericans. I did study physics. And architecture is NOT engineering mechanics.

If you were a structural engineer, you would've had something useful to say, complete with facts and reasons, so we already knew you know nothing about the subject. It's just that you feel SO strongly that there is no possible way any involvement by our government was possible that I thought you might actually know something. That's all I'm looking for. Useful information.

So.... You really don't know. You're basing your beliefs (strong enough to try and belittle those who ask questions, i.e., pea brain) on what you DON'T know. You believe what someone told you.

To sum up, your cousin agrees with you, Popular Mechanics has the expert answers, and you agree with both them, so there is no reason to question the scholars and engineers who ask the same questions I do. Got it.

Quote:
Apparently, you haven't posted anything relevant.
To whom? You? How about to the families of the victims? My friends who died in the tragedy? And what for? Or the families of the dead Iraqi cilvilians? That is a very thoughtless thing to say, all of this is relevant. It's like saying this is a game.

Quote:
The thing that one learns as they become smarter (me), is that there are experts - I'm not one in this field. I therefore, deferred you to a reliable source.
The thing that one learns when they get older is that there is a lot of corruption in this world, and the US is no exception. Bush calls himself a "war president".

You consider yourself smarter, therefore, you sent me to Popular Mechanics, and I, therefore, deferred you back to the experts. Real experts in the field of engineering mechanics who also read that article and dissected every one of it's assumptions. They provided "irrelevant" facts disproving, in some cases with the government's own words and conclusions, each point in the magazine's article. But that is, apparently, irrelevant. Yer so smart. Shucks.

Quote:
If you want to talk about music theory - I know way more than you, since I am an expert. Fire away.
Thanks. I, too have a degree in music, and you still probably know way more than me there, so put down the sword. I don't think I'll be asking any theory questions anytime soon, however, I'm too busy making music and chasing UFO conspiracy theories down at the local watering hole.

And why do they still call it "music theory"? They haven't proven that music exists yet? :p

#58813 - 09/14/06 06:30 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

By default, Mark, Dan, John, myself, etc. are all pea brains. These are some pretty smart guys, zum. I know you're not a structural engineer, but what about the videos at the Pentagon? Did they burn down in the towers? Maybe I'll ask an architect, he would surely know.

#58814 - 09/14/06 06:32 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
john gee Offline

zum, you're a ****ing raisin from what i can tell.

Quote:
Surely the other cameras must have caught the incoming plane, no?
the pentagon is a MAJOR military installation.

it has hundreds of cameras from every conceivable angle, some overt , some covert, night day you name it.

1 camera ? zum mate, matey, pal, bro! help!

#58815 - 09/14/06 06:59 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

Loc: El Lay
Gee, your comebacks are stingers. Please practice off-line.

Sean, the 'pea-sized brain' comment was purposefully used to incite.

If you took it personally, that was your choice.

Gullible bass-mouths, such as gee, take them hook, line and sinker.

As far as 'the possibilty' that the U.S. government did this? Sure, ANYTHING is possible - but exceedingly unlikely.

The reason gee likes conspiracies is because he actually posessess a pea-sized brain. He completely fulfills the profile of a dense, frightened, helpless person - very weak and still living with his mommy.

#58816 - 09/14/06 07:03 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
 Quote:
By default, Mark, Dan, John, myself, etc. are all pea brains. These are some pretty smart guys, zum.
Mark is smart?!

Sean, the truth is that I don't know how to answer any of the questions about 9/11. I told you that I haven't made up my mind, I just believe the conspiracy theories to be totally unlikely. Right now you've said a whole bunch of things that I don't know to be true. How do we establish that the terrorists' names really aren't on the morgue list or that one guy turned up somewhere else, for example? Or that those buildings were insured just before they were knocked down (an even less plausible connection even if it's true, because some building owner isn't going to be privvy to coup attempts).

And so on. There's a lot of nonsense circulating around, and it's impossible to separate it from the truth. After that you have to decide what the evidence actually means.

#58817 - 09/14/06 07:54 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Well, with that said, you admit there are some unanswered questions. They really are there. Wouldn't it be nice to know how these unexplained phenomenon actually occurred? The trucks full of gold, the missing videos, WTC7 with all the ongoing litigation files, etc.

And unlikely is a good word to describe the theory if an internal conspiracy. But those darned questions.......Unlikely, but not to be entirely ruled out, no?

And, I don't think the connection is necessarily not plausible, given the ties with large money and this administration. Besides, he is not just some building owner, he owns THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. World Trade. Big Money. And he said the smartest thing to do was "pull it". Sure. This wasn't a Holiday Inn.

I think, or thought, the whole idea is unlikely myself, but I just can't completely rule it out.

Page 14 of 19 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: