Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58708 - 09/10/06 10:39 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
I can't believe you guys are so f ing stupid, especially you sscnnon, Justin is making a joke, for buddha's sake dude. Justin hates Bush as much as the rest of us.

Obviously from a very good movie ( A few God Men), one of my all time favorites.

We are living in a time of greater and greater corruption, it's tme we get use to it. It won't get any better, human greed has no bounds.

Just be glad to be alive and able to go to the next Kiss reunion concert, and score some good weed on the way.

That's the best we can hope for. It's all down hill from here, just go along for the ride, enjoy your life for what it is.

Eric, as much as I respect you for your work, i'm bumbfounded that you can believe this horse s hit line and sinker. Do you also believe Bush is Lord?
Put in office by your imaginary figmintation of the human mind (God?)

How can such a smart man sitting brehind all that high end gear believe in that total horse s hit? And it is dude... it is!!!

#58709 - 09/10/06 11:05 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

I think that Justin's post, without a footnote describing who and what it is attributable to, might be taken out of context. It is Jack Nicholson's speech in the movie "A Few Good Men". While I can't vouch for Justin's intentions, I think it was a joke guys...

#58710 - 09/11/06 12:43 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
Thank God. Sorry Justin.

#58711 - 09/11/06 03:36 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Sugarnutz Offline

Loc: Just South of Memphis
At least Bush has made some tough decisions on his own (and/or with the help of his advisors), for good or bad and stuck with them. Clinton on the other hand took a freaking poll before he did anything except dropping his shorts and waffled back and forth on everything, anyone of us could have done that. Even if someone screws up on a regular basis like GW, you have to give him credit for his testicular fortitude in dealing with things and like or not this is a sign of leadership which endears him to a lot of people.

In the future I have suggestion for celebrating 9/11: We pick a geographical location somewhere in the world that has been a PITA to us and carpet bomb the hell out of 100 sq. miles around it, maybe even use a nuke every now and then. We can be pacifist, humanitarian, liberal types (read Al Gore democrats) the rest of the year, but on this date we make sure the radical arseholes of the world lament the day that they decided to mess with us.

Justin’s quote from “A Few Good Men” is actually quite relevant in the situation we find ourselves in today. In the US we have a concept of freedom that our society is based upon which gives us the ability and right to do things such as discuss our opinions as we are discussing here, and to be able to do so without fear of reprisal to our families or ourselves. This is NOT the case in a larger proportion of the world and some tough choices have to be made to protect those freedoms. Although GW may not be going about it the absolute correct way, at least he is trying and I shudder at the prospect of having Al Gore or Kerry in the position to defend those freedoms for me.

I have been doing some reading and other research in the last few weeks to try and educate myself on the basis of current world events, some of you would be surprised at what you can find out. For example: PBS has a eye-opening documentary available called “Islam: Empire of Faith” which you can rent from Netflix. I personally came away from this DVD with a new respect for Islam while at the same time a bit of concern for the basic tenants of the faith. One thing I was amazed at was the tolerance for Jews and Christians that true Islam had and I do mean had in the past tense. What I am concerned with now is the fact that this religion demands it’s followers spread it to the rest of the world and current purveyors of the faith feel that others should be converted under penalty of death for refusal. These people will kill you and your children, we must be very careful in how we deal with this.

#58712 - 09/11/06 04:31 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
Yeah, bush is trying, and succeeding. At firing up the war machine and making your military contractors very happy. Can you guess why bush brought us into a war with no exit strategy? Because we're not leaving, ever. There' are 14 brand new multimillion dollar military bases going up in Iraq right now. eeehaaa!

Eye opening documentaries? See "Why We Fight", or "Who Killed the Electric Car". Here's a hint. It wasn't Clinton that killed it.

Clinton wasn't perfect but he started cutting military spending, eliminated the deficit and reformed welfare. There was prosperity in the country, the market went up and the middle and lower classes were in much, much better shape than today. All the things that this adminstration hates. No wonder they linched him with that bogus sex scandal.

#58713 - 09/11/06 07:14 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
 Quote:
My personal biased opinion is that George Jr. was just finishing up what Daddy Bush started in the 90s. No more and no less.
Jeff, it was planned in a think tank called the Project for the New American Century (which I've linked here recently). Your theory sounds completely plausible, except that it's all here in black and white. Look at the names who signed this letter:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

Then if you have some time, skim their site and compare it to the White House's site:

http://www.newamericancentury.org

http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/nss.html

Sorry to repeat myself. If nothing else, that proves conclusively that this had nothing to do with 9/11 - it was planned way in advance. But I believe that if everyone had read this and understood how stark raving insane these radicals are, there's no way Bush would have been elected.

#58714 - 09/11/06 07:19 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
At least Bush has made some tough decisions on his own (and/or with the help of his advisors), for good or bad and stuck with them.
Sugarnutz, do you honestly believe that the actual decisions he made are irrelevant?!

And do you really believe that bombing an arbitrary target, killing people who have nothing to do with the terrorist act, is going to convince the Bin Ladens of this world that we're tough and not to **** with us?!

We all wish there were simple answers to the complcated questions of the world, but unfortunately it's not so.

#58715 - 09/11/06 08:11 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarnutz:
Although GW may not be going about it the absolute correct way, at least he is trying and I shudder at the prospect of having Al Gore or Kerry in the position to defend those freedoms for me.
Your approach to politics is very much an "either"/"or" proposition. My position continues to be why do we have to settle? Why can't we demand more and better from our public servants? Are you willing to concede that George W. Bush is the best you can expect to represent your political point of view?

Again, although I am a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, my issue with the Bush administration is exactly what you woefully point out - that right or wrong, he is headstrong in his direction and refuses to see the bigger picture. Can you so easily excuse the administrations ineptitude because they represent your politcal agenda? In reading your posts, you seem like a very well educated individual - why would you support this mediocrity? And, please, aren't we past the comparisons to the Clintons, Gores, et al? Must we continue to compare failure to failure? If the purpose in these very dangerous and serious times is to exact true leadership from the best and the brightest this great country has to offer, then we should, together, look for a greater depth of political and world understanding than the current crop that divide us. Its not about politics - its about competence.

#58716 - 09/11/06 09:36 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

I agree that we should be able to do better, but Gore and Kerry aren't failures - they were just terrible candidates because they listened to the advice not to stand for anything. That left them vulnerable to simplistic bumper sticker ideas such as the one Sugarnutz has been gullible enough to have fallen prey to.

There seems to be this rule of campaigning in America that any solution to a problem that takes two sentences to explain is way too complicated a message - in fact one complete sentence is pushing it. Grunted phrases like "tough on terrorism" work much better.

("Are you agin or for gay marriage? It seems pretty simple to me." Moo.)

Sugarnutz, do you really think we wouldn't have been going after terrorist groups just like we are today if Gore or Kerry had won?! Why would you believe something that bizarre?

#58717 - 09/11/06 09:46 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

Loc: El Lay
"... do you really think we wouldn't have been going after terrorist groups just like we are today if Gore or Kerry had won?!"

Then what's your problem with Bush doing it?

Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: