Sorry about the wait dorkus. \:\)

We're really getting into "the ****" now.

Quote:
Originally posted by dorkus:

1. The formation of the first cell - I've read lots on this - but nothing good so far
2. The jump from single-celled organisms to multi-celled organisms
3. The jump from asexual to sexual reproduction
4. The evolution of the cardiovascular and nervous systems
5. And related to 4, the evolution of the spine / spinal cord
1. There are no sure answers, but here are some
possibilities which have empirical evidence backing them up--more than I can say for ID, which has made no predictions, nor has it produced any evidence in favor of its cause:

Often-repeated experiments show prebiotic molecules formed from ancient-Earth-like conditions

Prebiotic molecules found in outer space

Keep in mind that "cells" are not the only life forms. Viruses do not technically have cells.

2. Jellyfish are technically colonies of single cells. Interesting, no? Here's a link which gives various reasons why
single-celled organisms may have evolved into multicellular organisms.

3. That is actually an awesome question. It turns out that sexual reproduction, because it creates many more novel combinations of genes, is superior to asexual reproduction, and as such would have occurred through natural selection (and has succeeded spendidly, much to our enjoyment).

I am way too tired to go on about number 4. Hopefully this'll give you food for thought--which is really my goal. I'm not anti-anything. I just feel that given time, and facts, anyone can learn the truth about the natural miracle of life.