Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137576 - 04/08/10 01:11 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Mark Kluth
Makes you wonder how many of those 300,000 units sold are being returned and refunded today...

Apple now says it was 300,000 units SHIPPED. Seeing as how they state very clearly that Apple Stores are still "quite well stocked", the actual number of sales was far less.

#137581 - 04/08/10 07:49 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Joe, have you ever used WinMo on a smartphone? It sucks! I chose the old Palm OS over it when I had my Treo - and that OS was like an early '80s toy.

#137582 - 04/08/10 10:17 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
As a matter of fact, I've been using it on my last 2 phone .. over the past 4 years. I am running major business applications on it. I am running over 400 trucking transactions a day at one of my customers sites. Never a problem.

I have actually remote desktop'd into my console at a show to set monitor EQ's using it. I have several background apps running, and probably 8 email accounts on my current one.

I'm starting to have issues with the touch screen, but that isn't the OS - it's the fact that the phone has been beaten to death for the past 2 years!

And yes, I looked at the Palm, as well as blackberry - no freaking way. I can just take my desktop apps and port them down the the mobile and run off the same source code base - try that with any other phone.

#137583 - 04/09/10 12:50 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Joe Lepore]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

I'm talking about the Palm TREO - the old toy smartphone. Its OS was way easier to get around than Windows Mobile. The phone came in both versions - you could choose and it was the same price.

Note that I'm not even talking about the iPhone OS, which from a user perspective makes everything that came before it look stupid.

#137587 - 04/09/10 11:11 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Kluth
That's OK, Michael. The actual truth is far more entertaining than anything bloggers can think up:

iPad's Wifi Nightmare

Your quote was very FoxNews-like omitting ....

"For every complaint in Apple's support forum, however, there were hundreds more posts across the web praising the new device. Technology blog forums and reviews for iPad apps in the iTunes App Store were full of positive comments about the device."

"Aside from bumping it this morning putting in the car, and therefore causing a dent on the side, my experience has been pretty decent," wrote iPad purchaser Kenly Neufeld on technology blog ReadWriteWeb.

"Weeping with joy! It's the reason I bought the iPad," wrote peruke after purchasing the NetFlix Application for his iPad.

#137588 - 04/09/10 11:41 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Dan Weiss]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Of course - the fanbois love their shiny piece of glass that they can show off to their brain-dead hipster buddies... nobody disputes that. It's the latest status symbol brought forth from the heavens by their messiah.

The people whose opinions I actually care about have done a fine job of documenting the iTampon's crippling shortcomings.

Hope you're all ready for iAd. Sounds perfectly dreadful to me.

#137589 - 04/09/10 12:22 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
I'm glad none of my machines get dented when I put them in the car. Hate to see what would happen if you drop it, which is the fate of so many devices. Will it just shatter?

#137591 - 04/09/10 05:59 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Joe Lepore]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

If it were up to Mark, the only tool that would exist would be the Swiss Army Knife. Everything else would be iStupid, and anyone who bought anything that doesn't do as many things would be a fanboy with no brain.

It's amazing how Apple managed to amass $30 billion in cash selling stuff only to fools all around the world.

#137592 - 04/09/10 06:52 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Oh, don't be so dramatic, Nick. If the iPad actually had a compelling feature or two, things would be quite different. My house is filled with high-tech toys. I'm sure yours is too.

As it is, the iPad sets new standards in locked-down, inclusive, completely controlled computing. I just don't see how that benefits anybody except Apple shareholders.

I just cannot fathom how Apple has the balls to promote it as simpler and easier to use, when everything I've read about trying to get files on and off the thing sounds like neurosurgery. If it were truly user-friendly, they would have at least put an SD slot and a webcam in it. Just those 2 simple features would have meant a world of difference.

As it is, it's a joke. And if I were the only person saying that, you could label me a whackjob and leave it at that. But once you get outside the Vapid Zone (aka California), nobody really gives a shit about it.

#137593 - 04/09/10 07:04 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
Michael M Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA
man, you're on a tirade.
did you lose an apple or something?

as a Californian, i resent the vapid zone bs.

since you are practically the only person who seems to be personally confronted by the ipad, i will call you a whackjob (when it comes to apple anyway.)

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: