Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136347 - 01/27/10 01:30 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! ***** [Re: Knife]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, Hawaii

We all know that anybody can do 5 minutes of "research" and come up with reams of "proof" supporting any position on any topic... straight from the Institute of Rectally-Produced Statistics, from whom some of you guys apparently have received honorary degrees.

#136359 - 01/27/10 06:07 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Mark Kluth]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Quote:
They are going to pass this health care bill by hook or by crook

From your mouth to God's ear. I don't think it's going to happen, but that's certainly what they should be doing, those wimps.

Meanwhile Obama is all set to start channeling Reagan tonight with all his deficit bullshit. I don't know if I'm going to be able to stand it.

#136365 - 01/27/10 08:22 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Tardo Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New Jersey
I just hate politics. Oh so too much BS no matter which side of the fence you're on.

#136434 - 01/29/10 09:29 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Tardo]
Eric Seaberg Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
OMG, it seems like I NEVER LEFT. You idiots are arguing over the same drivel you were going over when I left. Some people NEVER change, or grow up.

I'll be back in another 2 or 3 years and see how the sandbox has changed.

#136438 - 01/30/10 10:58 AM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Eric Seaberg]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

You're the idiot if you think it's drivel, Eric, and up yours if I'm one of the people you're talking about (never mind if you're only talking about everyone else smile ). These are issues that affect each and every one of us.

Same with you, Tardo. Just avoiding your responsibility to become informed about what's happening in the world by saying both sides are BS doesn't prevent these important policies from having a big impact on your life.

#136439 - 01/30/10 10:59 AM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Eric Seaberg]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
Don't bother coming back, Eric. A "sandbox" of "idiots"? Get a ladder and get over yourself.

#136441 - 01/30/10 02:07 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: sscannon]
Eric Seaberg Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
I'm not the only one who feels this way. Even good ol' Jeremy asked "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE AUDIO FORUM" in thread http://www.audiotalkback.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/136360/Some_Audio_Forum#Post136360

#136443 - 01/30/10 02:44 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Eric Seaberg]
ExcelAV Offline

Well, while we are at it, I think we are going in the wrong direction. You can't spend your way out of debt, and countries really do go bankrupt. By the way, who in the H*ll thought it was a good idea to start borrowing from the communist Chinese??? Where do you think we'll borrow the money from, the tooth fairy??? There is a major cost to every dumb move we make.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20100128/D9DGT7DG0.html

http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/walmart/b1.html

Even Obama is trying to calm people, but I think it's just to pacify the people and get the sheep to go back to sleep. He is slick, he is sweet talking the people again. Now he is talking tax cuts and job programs. Tell the people what they want to hear, then do the opposite. What ever happened to the end of NAFTA, etc.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20100130/D9DI9K1O4.html

#136444 - 01/30/10 04:11 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: ExcelAV]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Well Eric, more than one person thinks you're extremely rude and should go away if you don't have anything constructive to say. This thread is marked OT; if you're not interested, don't read it.

BTW nobody is under any obligation to compare another two of Jeremy's identical mixes. I wasn't interested, therefore I didn't. No offense, Jeremy, but you have to be prepared for that. I listened to your last ones; this time I didn't.

Nope, you're the one who's a sheep, Excel.

The problem is that you have read nothing about macroeconomics. That's why what you're saying about spending our way out of debt is a) barking up the wrong tree (debt is not the problem), b) totally incorrect (Keynes taught us that), and c) frustratingly simple-minded - even though in your defense you have the entire stupid Republican party and even otherwise intelligent people like Kecinzer feeding you that crap.

The part about borrowing from the Chinese is also ignorant, to be blunt. They buy dollars because they're safe and there's nowhere else for them to put their excess currency. If they sold them they'd be doing us a favor; it would hurt them more and our exports would go way up. What happens is that we buy cheap Chinese goods from them, which fuels their growth and makes our dollars stretch farther. Nobody walked into the Bank of China and borrowed money. Plus you threw in the word communist. That was the first giveaway that you've swallowed the same lies all knee-jerk conservatives swallow.

You got one thing half right by accident, though. Why did the White House leak that one seemingly small part of the SOTU address (freezing the budget, channeling Reagan)? To deflect the Senate from voting for the Legislative Statutory Commission proposed by Judd Gregg and Kent Conrad, which would have fast-tracked cuts in Social Security and Medicare.

It worked, and it's for the good of the country.

The other reason he's saying that is that we will have to worry about deficits when economy picks up and people start spending again, and he's right to show that he's not ignoring that. But right now when business has no customers, the government has to spend to keep the economy going. There are two sides to deficits: the amount of money and the percentage of the GNP. If you boost the GNP by investing, the deficits become less important. In the short term, that is.

I feel a whole lot better after the SOTU speech and after seeing him beat the shit out of those Republicans yesterday. He was really impressive!

#136445 - 01/30/10 04:28 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Here Excel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/01/opinion/01krugman.html

And this is great - it explains exactly what I'm saying above, only I'm not Robert Reich, plus he explains it without getting mad like I do:

http://robertreich.org/post/358773967/obama-needs-to-teach-the-public-how-to-get-out-of-the

Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: