Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136485 - 02/03/10 10:07 AM Ricache ....back on the board
ricache Offline

Loc: Wylie ,TX US of A
Hi - been quite awhile. grin Same user name - been 6 years since I got on. Glad to see old familiar names still around - Nick,Jeremy,Justin,et.al.

Not that I contributed a whole lot before but I am back...but I did a little.

Still have my old desk setup. DA7 w/3 TDIF's, MX2424 (new bigger drives), M1,D2,Focusrite Green,Couple of expander/compressors and some nice mic's.

My CD recorder bit the dust (tascam w/aes,analog,digital audio input - was very nice) - won't boot up anymore. Gotta find another way to get mixes off my setup. I might go with another CD Recorder. Low end this time. RCA/Analog. I just slap'em into my PC to finalize anyway then burn finals.

My hiatus, if anyone is interested, is due to: new Marriage (1st wife died), teenage girls (17 year old still in house), jobs lost and found, 2 new boys (3,4 right now). Typical life stuff.

When I moved my desk from my old "studio" (got kicked out by my wife - also had to get rid of my drum kit - not enough room) to my oldest daughters bedroom (she moved out in '07) I hooked everything back up. I can already hear it....."get a pair dude! - don't let your wife tell you what to do!" Gotta compromise in marriages as we all know (or refuse to acknowledge and have many marriages wink ).

I kept getting a POP on every other channel on the MX2424 after the move while I was doing some voice-over work. Very frustrating. I literally used channels 1,3,5,etc.because of that. frown Didn't use it much after that. confused I got back into it about 3 months ago and found I was hooking up the word clock cable to Video Sync on my MX2424 instead of Word Clock! Duh! Works great now. grin

Simple stuff.

So - getting back into it. I'm not "for profit/pros" like most you guys but I still have the passion.

I'd sure like to have the bucks back that I put into this setup and go all computer DAW .... but... no way that can happen. I do still love my DA7. My daughter is now into it and my sons love to run their voices through the effects.

Well - lurking and occasionally posting here and there.

Regards,

/Ricache grin

#136493 - 02/03/10 07:58 PM Re: Ricache ....back on the board [Re: ricache]
Tardo Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New Jersey
welcome back

#136494 - 02/03/10 10:52 PM Re: Ricache ....back on the board [Re: Tardo]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
What took you so long?! crazy