Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133484 - 08/15/09 04:22 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Doggn' Mike H]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
"I don't want the government meddling in your health care, but I don't want the insurance companies meddling in your healthcare, either... The current system works much better for the insurance companies than it does for the American people." Barack Obama, 5 minutes ago.

#133486 - 08/15/09 05:05 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: sscannon]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Great line, Sean.

And Doggin' is absolutely right. People who are anti-medicine are...well, to each his own. I just hope yng gets treated when he gets and infectious disease rather than spreading it around.

#133488 - 08/15/09 09:24 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Nick Batzdorf
"Competition?"

Where's the competition? Healthcare isn't a competitive situation.

My reply was about competition among the insurance companies, not about the health care per se.

For the last 12 years I have the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and I love it. And if one day I'd for whatever reason decided to drop it, I have another dozen companies to choose from. How would I do that in a single-payer system?

#133490 - 08/16/09 01:08 AM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Doggn' Mike H]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Originally Posted By: Doggn' Mike Hunt
u r an idiot. go look up the average life expectancy of a person in 1930 (59.7 years) and in 2005 (77.8 years) and then give me more of your lunatic theories.

Mike, are you not capable to get your points across without resorting to insults and name calling?

#133492 - 08/16/09 02:42 AM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Doggn' Mike H]
ynghermes Offline
Founding Member

Ok my khunt, my other grandmother was only 92. their husbands were 49 and 60, I think you gotta put the gender facter into that. my dad was 95.5, mom was 86, after 16 years of paraplegic from a stroke. I don;t care what the stats are, the fringes are very differant and people actually effect that. Oh yea, dad was born in 1913, should he have died when he was like 50 then? So was he like twice the average?

But while your trying to put words into my mouth you might want to put a stick up there and try to strech that sfincter a bit, did I spell that so you could understad it? Because you sound very anal for all the attempted hip talk. They may be theories to you coming from the moon, my hip talking brotha, but quantom field says they are real and that is good enough for me. Do you have a brain other than party line and vanilla wafer W/chocklet cream filling? I mean, can you think out of the box? A quantom term \:\)

#133496 - 08/16/09 08:21 AM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: ynghermes]
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
 Originally Posted By: ynghermes
Justin, I will not join up and I do not get sick - why would any sane person want to wish for that???? Or even more insane, plan for it????? I wonder if you'll get what you wish for???

30 years ago I was told by docters that in five years I'd be dead, terminal they said, I did not believe them and I'm still here. The last time I gave my Corvette flying lessons I was 40 feet over a service road as the vett went threw the guard rail. As I acknoledged that turning point in my life, I thought how great life was, my life and how I was excited to see the next, the car pulled itself back on to the road and finished the 360. That pointed out to me that being conscious and in the moment has some advantages.

You guys can look for the free hand out, but there is not one from the fed, only hooks that bind you to them filled with empty promisses. Just like our new prez. did to us before the election and everyone else that got there before him, that I can think of.

So you guys go ahead and think that if you do this expariment one more time, it will have a good reaction. I say your insane thinking that it will be differant, you have seen it fail to many times and NOTHING is differant.

Having an insurance policy is hardly "planning" to get sick. It's realizing the odds are that somewhere, sometime we all do. It's wonderful that you've been so healthy, up till now. I'd contend that there's a sizable component of luck that you've had, in addition to the advantage of taking good care of yourself. That can change in an instant. No matter how much garlic you eat, and you could suddenly find yourself bankrupt or destitute if you get ill without insurance. All the garlic and good clean living in the world would not have fixed my hernia, or set my parents broken bones when they fell.

Nobody's looking for a free handout here. With 50 million uninsured and another 120 million hanging on by their teeth, we need a fix for badly broken system.

#133501 - 08/16/09 12:39 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Dan Weiss]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

"How would I do that in a single-payer system?"

You'd be able to get supplemental insurance. But the fact remains that a single-payer system isn't going to happen, in fact today it looks like Obama is buckling under on even a public option.

This is an example of "democracy" really sucking. Propaganda lies really do work.

#133503 - 08/16/09 03:22 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Don't despair Nick, I'm sure eventually all the bad in our system will get weeded out one way or the other.

Sorry to see all those fires again in your neighborhood.

#133504 - 08/16/09 03:35 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Kecinzer]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Thanks. Actually the fires are well north of here (unless there are new ones I don't know about).

#133506 - 08/16/09 07:54 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
EWF Offline

Loc: Diamond Bar, CA
http://www.slate.com/id/2161736/

The question shouldn't be whether or not we should have universal healthcare. I think most people (not including ynghermes of course) would welcome universal health insurance IF it were made extremely affordable and all the inefficiencies were taken out of the system. Some of these inefficiencies are probably actually a result of a for-profit system. For-profit isn't always a good thing no matter what anybody says. Instead of spending time arguing the merits of having universal healthcare, we should be discussing how we can make it work.

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: