Quote:
I don't understand how a president who lied about a getting a blowjob is the same as a president who lied (or 'mislead') about the pretenses for war
well, first of all.. considering the circumstances under which he clinton had lied.. I dont think it was innocuous.. If I recall correctly he being tried for the sexual assault of another woman.

Second.. I dont think Bush "lied" about the WMD's. He may have operated on grossly innacurate intelligence, but you do remember Clinton operated on this same intelligence.
He stood before the nation and spoke of Saddams WMD program and how something had to be done about it, even going so far as to bomb a pharmaceutical company if I recall correctly.

And invading Iraq has been on the to-do list for the past three administrations.
Clinton had his Yugoslavia, Bush has his iraq.

And like I said.. Clinton dropped his bombs on Iraq too.. coincidentaly right at the time he was being impeached. nice little distraction there.. so actualy I wonder how many people DID die for clitons blowjob...

Quote:
it's not a choice I will likely face. So I will leave that choice up to those who do face it.
I understand where you are comming from, but I disagree with you. If there is something that is immoral that is occuring in our society.. particularly something as horrible as the slaughter of innocence.. it is EVERYONES duty to object and do thier best to put a stop to it..
You dont have to havea uterus to feel that infanticide is immoral and should be stopped.

Quote:
The saddest thing about the conservative right is that they don't realize how flawed their logic is everytime they bring up Clinton as an excuse for poor Republican behavior.
Oh no, we realize it. We just marvel sometimes at how short the memory of the left can be...
The left would like to believe that Bush is the right hand of satan, and he may very well be.. but Clinton was certainly his left.

Quote:
and since the conservatives cannot defend him, they must use an old familiar battle cry... "Clinton, Clinton". Pathetic.
Well, I dont really feel too much need to defned him as Im not all that pleased with him either. I just find the liberals to be rather hypocritical in their attacks on Bush for his invasion of a soverign nation when clinton had done the same thing, and operated on the same intelligence.
And if the tables were turned and it was Clinton who invaded IRaq.. the conservatives would likely be saying the same things the liberals are.
It's all pretty stupid really.
Thats why I think BOTH parties are messed up and that the two party system SUCKS.

Quote:
they must use an old familiar battle cry... "Clinton, Clinton". Pathetic.
Oh spare me. I distincly remember the cries of "REGAN! REGAN!" during the clinton years.
It's what folks do. Just watch... the next democrat that is in office will start screwing up and the republicans will start hammering him, while the liberals cry "GW BUSH!!! REMEMBER GW BUSH!!!!?"

Quote:
BTW, I did not vote for Clinton and was not a Clinton supporter.
I did vote for bush, and regret it. I would have rather voted for Buchannan. He might be a little loopy but at least he is a real conservative.

Quote:
even if I were a staunch conservative, I'd agree that Bush must go.
I agree, but I would not want to see him replaced with Kerry.
I would rather see him replaced witha real conservative. Not some guy who claims to be a conservative, then hands out tax rebates, then grows the government to rediculous sizes and starts passing laws that expand the tentacles of the government into our private lives in the name of national security by bribing our mail men and garbage pickup guys into ratting folks out.