Somebody posted about Distressors warming up your mix, well here is a little test I did. I mixed this song 'Stomp', I now realize after listening to it in some different environments that the actual mix seems muddy to me now but here is my experiment. I took the first mix through the Distressors and then through the Waves multiband comp and phase eq finaly an L2 then the second pass i left all the setting the same and used a plug-in compressor instead. The Distressors were set to pretty fast grab time and slower release and a 3:1 ratio. And I at least tried to match the plug-in Renissance compressor but may have not got the same amount of compression, close though. Tell me what you all think and if someone wants to run that program on one of these semi masters that would be great. I know the vocals need mixing work as well as the AnR from Capital will be checking out this song and two others I produced for this guy Steve Didelot.

Anyway any tips?

\'Stomp\' with Distressor

\'Stomp\' with Renissance Compressor

I can't change the music or the song, Steve does EVERYTHING himself, drums and all but I have complete control of the mix thus let me have it! I would rather have honesty over 'yea that sounds great'
Track List
Vox
BGV (main and ohhhs')
--guitars--
Acoustic 1
Acoustic 2
Electric 1
Electric lead

Piano, VI from Reason
Synth, VI from Reason (my first time using)
Drums (with MS room)
Tamborine (didn't have a cowbell :-()

it gets muddy at times maybe to much compression over all, or something could go?

thanks in advance and happy Easter all!
sam