Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70361 - 06/08/00 11:41 AM ¿Time code display connection? DA7 SPMTE
Peter Offline

Loc: Franklin, TN USA
I would like to connect a large t/c display to my DA7. I have a smpte card which is connected to my Tascam MX2424. The time code display on the DA7 is too small and the one on the MX2424 is too far away. Any suggestions?

#70362 - 06/08/00 11:56 AM Re: ¿Time code display connection? DA7 SPMTE
maric Offline
Founding Member

Don't ask me how to connect it, but:

Ese manufactures a broad range of master clocks,Time Code steered clocks, Time code generators(for example IRIG-B, SMPTE, ESE and others) andEquipment for professional TV and Radio companies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESE, Los Angeles, USA
Phone +1 310 322 2136
Fax +1 310 322 8127
E-mail: ESE@ese-web.com

#70363 - 06/08/00 12:41 PM Re: ¿Time code display connection? DA7 SPMTE
Eric Seaberg Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
That's one of the things I use an MOTU Digital Time Piece for!! Not only does it solve a lot of locking problems, but it reads and writes all forms of TC/MTC... (I KNOW THAT'S NOT THE QUESTION YOU AKSED!)

It is capable of taking your TC/MTC input and adding it, along with other pertinent information, to VIDEO feeding any size video monitor you want. When doing post-production to video, I have the Digital Beta deck feed composite video through the DTP to my monitor giving me a window 'burn' of TC.

Even when not working with picture, you can fill the entire screen with your TC display! It makes it real easy to add multiple monitors in the studio for the 'band' to take cues, as well.

I've also got a couple of ESE clocks and, for what you get at the price you'll pay for it, the DTP is much more valuable for what you want to do!! (2 ESE clocks were almost $1200).

------------------
ERIC SEABERG • San Diego, CA
eseaberg@turningpt.org

[This message has been edited by Eric Seaberg (edited 06-08-2000).]

#70364 - 06/10/00 09:00 PM Re: ¿Time code display connection? DA7 SPMTE
mehali Offline

Loc: Santa Clarita, CA, USA
There are many companies that make a time code reader. I have bought several on e-bay. Do a search under "SMPTE" or "Time Code" and see what pops up. The ESE units are fine but a bit pricy. Fostex makes (or made)a nice one rack space unit. Also look at Horta, much less in cost than ESE. Remember, SMPTE is totally different than IRIG time code (International Range and Instrumentation Group) which is used in the aerospace industry.
Best of luck,
Mike

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: