Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60274 - 04/13/06 12:13 AM Chicago based audio company new products...
strdsk Offline

Loc: Oak Lawn, Illinois
Hey all,
My new Chicago based audio company is selling very high end condenser mics of boutique quality that rival the likes of Neumann and Royer! These mics are very affordable at $350.00 each! We also make high end audio cabling and are soon to be selling mic pres and power soaks! You are responsible to cover any and all shipping costs, and I will ship the gear anywhere in the World as long as you do! Contact me with any and all questions that you may have about the gear and I'll get right back to you with all of the details that you need! I have 100% positive feedback on E-Bay and I am Verisign Verified on PayPal! Thanks for looking and have a great day...Joe

#60275 - 04/13/06 02:13 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
DP Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Hampton Bays NY USA
Thanks for looking at what? Do you have photo's? Specs? Audio samples? A web page perhaps? Oh, btw, just send me $350.00 and I'll send you anything you want...(really, trust me...) :rolleyes: Nice sales pitch ;\)

#60276 - 04/13/06 04:50 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Joe, would you be interested in sending me a demo for evaluation? I'd be happy to do a mic shoot-out against a number of other mics I am currently using on the record I am producing and post my thoughts here. Then, if I think the mic is as good as you say it is, I'd be happy to purchase one.

Thoughts?

#60277 - 04/14/06 07:25 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
anaconda Offline

Loc: Southern Left Coast
"rival the likes of Neumann and Royer! These mics are very affordable at $350.00 each!". Good luck. If what you say is true, you should immediately raise your price to at least $1400 each. BTW, I own all those great mikes. $350 insults me and I must laugh loudly. Also, post a website with all the details. If not, move to China and import them!

#60278 - 04/16/06 12:30 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
strdsk Offline

It always makes me laugh when people with their heads up their asses have absolutely nothing better to do with their time than...God for bid...open their ears and not their mouths for once and...learn something! I've had a few others in this on-line community in the past doubt my claims about products and/or ads that I have placed beofre, chew my ass out for it, and come to find that I really do know my stuff! Furthermore, I have delivered time and time again...hence forth the lack of my removal on this site and my belonging to this forum for years now! I highly doubt that I'd belong to this forum this long and post this many topics had I been a cheap swindler half as many times as I've been called one! Take a look at people's profile before you decide to insult them! DP...my "thanks for looking" comment was meant to thank-you for taking the time out of your day to even read my post! It was not meant, however, to thank-you for visiting any dubious website or listen to any bogus altered audio samples over ****ty Dell speakers! Both of these hold no more validity/weight/clout in a product than the original simple offer that I posted here! If I didn't know any better, I'd say that it's starting to seem as though some people around here feel inferior/humbled by my knowledge/intelligence and are fronting by playinbg the hard ass role...which I too can obviously play! GlennR01...I love you to pieces, you're a smart dude, and you've helped me through many a pinch so I wouldn't dream of insulting you. Please be aware though, that you are insulting me by requesting that I pay for and scratch build a mic, or any product for that matter, and simply send it to you not being sure if you'll even buy. Very few audio companied out there would be willing to do such a thing. Ananconda...why would I ever need your, of all people out there, good luck and well wishing if my mics really are half as good as I say? Some of us out there, myself included, are not all about money ya' know? If I hike up my prices as you suggest then most musicians wouldn't be able to afford one without putting a second mortgage on their house! Let's remember why we all got into this in the first place guys! We stated out having fun as musicians...most of us anyways! If you are not a musician, you really don't have an opinion in my eyes! Who the hell are you to say/know what a Lester through Selmer should sound like anyways? I may not make much money per mic, but I sell in bulk because they are so affordable! Are you one of those guys who buys stuff just cause' people say that it's the bee's knees or do you even know what you are listening for? I sometimes wonder! I, also, own all of those "great" mics as you so eloquently call them and have learned their techincal and structural flaws through owning them! The amazing part is that if I were Mike Joli (Oktava Mods) you would all believe my mic design statements! Well we all have to start somewhere! You are all clearly very uninterested in my mics...had you been you would have kindly asked me for specs and the like! Instead, what you all did was just assume that I was in the wrong and figured that you know better than I! I happen to hold a degree in EE Audio design/sound engineering from Columbia! Any of you? Certainly, all mics have their place in the studio! I never said to sell your babies for my benefit, so if you felt that way you obviously have a different type of problem...can anyone say complex? I'm sorry about my rant here, but I don't take strangers calling me a bull****ter for no good reason at all very lightly and neither would any of you! Laugh as loud as you like...it is I who laughs how you so boldly come on here and post comments that offend our fellow Chinese forum members like you own the place! Grow up and keep your anti-underdog/ma and pa/go getter comments to yourselves! If you have nothing nice to say...listen to your mothers and say nothing at all! Happy friggin'Easter! Joey D!

#60279 - 04/16/06 05:10 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally posted by strdsk:
GlennR01...I love you to pieces, you're a smart dude, and you've helped me through many a pinch so I wouldn't dream of insulting you. Please be aware though, that you are insulting me by requesting that I pay for and scratch build a mic, or any product for that matter, and simply send it to you not being sure if you'll even buy. Very few audio companied out there would be willing to do such a thing.
Joey,

Thanks for the kind words (I think ) but your rant is, at least towards me, somewhat unwarranted. Seeing as you gave little information regarding the company, your involvement, a link to the product itself, details on its construction, even a response curve graph, it would be hard for me to understand exactly what it was that you guys are creating.

Also, you know that I make records for a living - and, for whatever reason, I am approached fairly frequently by manufacturers who solicit my opinion about their products. Sometimes, I endorse them. Sometimes I get that product for free. Sometimes I pay full price for it, 'cuz I can't live without it. But it is standard operating procedure (at least in my case) to get a demo of the product prior to venturing an opinion. My request to you was hardly an insult and shouldn't have been taken as such. On the contrary, I think that it was more than fair - if the product was as good as you claim it to be, I'd be raving about it not only to the people I work with (who would be very good potential clients for you ), but perhaps in other media. You also assume that I would know you manufacture your microphones on a "one-off" basis. I can barely produce decent sounding records, let alone read minds... dig? ;\)

So, take a deep breath, realize that certainly I was not trying to insult you or your claims - if anything, I was extending to you the same professional courtesy and recognition that I would toward any manufacturer, large or small.

That said, my offer still holds.

#60280 - 04/16/06 08:16 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
I'll bite. You gotta website? Photos? Give me a link. Thanks.

#60281 - 04/16/06 09:18 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
rick Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Cambria, CA USA
Here's my take.

Any posting loaded with exclamation points looks cheesy. Joe, get yourself a copy writer to write some decent advertising. It's fine if you're a technician and not a writer---but your post does not create confidence in your business.

"Take a look at people's profile before you decide to insult them! "
Your da7.com Profile says nothing about you except "Oak Lawn, Illinois" and "audio engineer." So what? This is hardly informative.

As for your eBay profile, you have 53 feedback comments as a buyer, and only two comments as a seller. Lacking any better information, I'd rather sell something to you than have it the other way around.

You shouldn't assume your online profile(s) reflect your opinion of yourself.

"...the hard ass role...which I too can obviously play!"
You certainly can. Do you expect that will bully your potential customers into buying?

"...you are insulting me by requesting that I pay for and scratch build a mic, or any product for that matter, and simply send it to you not being sure if you'll even buy. Very few audio companied out there would be willing to do such a thing."
If you're scratch-building a mic, does that imply you have no manufacturing capability? Are you hand-building them to order? If so, then your pricing sounds like you are losing money. That raises more questions.

Audio companies send equipment to magazines for review all the time. If you're concerned with sending an evaluation unit to an individual, then you could privately arrange with Glenn to insure the cost of the unit. Had you considered asking for a credit-card deposit? A check that you'll return? No, you simply decided to insult him.

"...if I were Mike Joli (Oktava Mods) you would all believe my mic design statements!"
I've never heard of Mike Joli, and I'd want to do a little checking before I'd believe anything he says either. So you're just as good as him for me at this point. Well, not really. Joli didn't fire off a 735-word rant.

"You are all clearly very uninterested in my mics...had you been you would have kindly asked me for specs and the like!"
Glenn was interested. Where is the information? Do you expect people to just send you money without some form of evaluation or review? The intelligent buyer wants to know about both the product and the seller. So far, the product is doing better than the seller. The product is an unknown, therefore it doesn't have any negative traits at this point. I can't say the same for the seller.

"Who the hell are you to say/know what a Lester through Selmer should sound like anyways?"
I must confess that I don't even know what or who Lester and Selmer are. For all I know, I may have heard them at their best---or worst.

"Certainly, all mics have their place in the studio!"
A mic you'll never use is not worth having. If you already have mics that produce the same audio results, you may not need another similar one.

"I never said to sell your babies for my benefit..."
Um, yes, you just did. Nobody else said this.

#60282 - 04/16/06 11:37 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Joe, do you have a website? What is it you wanted people to look at, in other words?

I think if you were to take a step back and re-read your first post, you'd see that the reaction you're getting here is perfectly understandable. What would your reaction be if you saw that post from someone else?

That's not to say your products aren't great or that you're not a perfectly honorable guy, of course; the point is that you need to show people enough to become interested in what you're offering!

#60283 - 04/16/06 09:13 PM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
strdsk Offline

Glenn...my words towards you were indeed meant to be kind! I always intentionally post little information about my products in ads because I want people to contact me at the e-mail address that I provided...which none of you did! I thought that this would further build your trust in me but again...no one wrapped their head around that very oftenly used internet peace pipe of sorts. I would have responded to the very negative responses to my original post with the same "rant" thaI did yesterday much sooner, but I just noticed them now. I don't have the time to check up on this forum every day to respond to posts. Again, this is yet another reason why I asked people to get involved in a very good product, that could potentially save them some cash in the future, and contact me. I simply create microphones and a few other audio related accessories...nothing more...nothing less. I know pleanty of record engineers out there who make records...some for a hobby...some for a living. So, getting back to your "I can't read minds" comment...neither can I! How am I supposed to know that you are hailed so highly as an engineer that manufacturers constantly approach you with free gear? My product is in fact every bit as good as I say that it is and because of this my sending them out to anyone for free is still not an option...no offense to you. Contact DW Fearn and ask him to send you a free compressor and unless you're Geoff Emerick he'll also tell you to go scratch...sad but true! Sscannon...thanks so much for your vote of confidence, patience, patronage, and interest in my product! I will kindly contact you privately to further discuss my products! Rick...you've busted my balls plenty of times in the past about exclamations and long winded posts looking cheesy. What can I say? I didn't know that there was a word limit on these posts! Obviously, I'm very passionate about my honor, my words, and what I do...more than I can say for some of the flunkies that post here! My "Take a look at people's profile before you decide to insult them! " comment was meant for you to check the amount of posts that I have contributed to this forum and my time spent here...not to sell you on my product. I don't even pout myself out there as a tech geek. My eBay profile, having 53 feedback comments as a buyer all with 100% positive feedback, says a lot about dealing with me as a person in general I feel. I may only two comments as a seller, which is actually news to me, but I've certainly sold much more on there than that. I, for the record, don't assume that my online profile(s) reflect my opinion of myself. I also don't expect that bullying my potential customers will get them to buy. I will, however, continue to defend myself tooth and nail against false accusations regardless of business practices! I am scratch-building my mics to order, I have no manufacturing capability and am very proud of that fact. Also I am, by far, not losing money. Because of this fact, I do not accept credit-cards because I don't need dead beat buyers disputing payment when rent money turns up short at the end of ther month...we've all been there and the feeling absolutely sucks!deI did not decided to insult anyone, I'm just being straight with you all! Quite frankly, I'm very concerned if you don't know who Mike Joli (Oktava Mods) is! He is only one of the most covered highly sought after mic mod guys around! So much in fact, that he is the only guy certified by Oktava to mod their mics out. They admit that the mics are much better than their stock set-ups...that speaks volumes right there! Glenn never contacted me as I requested. He simply tried to arrange a free shoot out. I don't expect people to just send me money without some form of evaluation or review. That's why I have a free C.D. available that features my mics being shot out against the big boys. This is the way that Royer does it ya' know? On the same token, do you expect me to just mail you a mic for free? Come on! You even implying that I have a negative reputation on this forum clearly displays that you must as pig headed, if not more, than the two goons that originally ganged up on me! It seems as though that's the way it works arounds here...power in numbers. I do agree with you when you say that a mic you'll never use is not worth having. Fortunately for me, my mics do not sound quite like an other out there. When I said "I never said to sell your babies for my benefit..." I had to defend myself in a way that was on par with the way a few guys on this forum were acting like! Nick...I don't see how the reaction that I'm getting on here is perfectly understandable. If I saw that post from someone else I'd either bite or walk away...not denounce a person who might be better than I! Joey D! :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: