Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40121 - 06/02/04 07:18 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
For the sake of argument, Vinco, let's say you're 100% right.

Congratulations!

And BFD. You still haven't explained why this ****es you off enough to start flinging Vs.

#40122 - 06/02/04 07:30 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
It's ok Nick. Anyone in this forum is free to say what they want -- even when it's unsupported rhetoric.

#40123 - 06/02/04 08:17 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Fieryjack Offline

Loc: New York
Interestingly, Emagic would have you believe that Logic is predominently used in some very major studios (through its color ads which I'm sure you've all seen).

I very much doubt this to be the case and these studios are likely to be just happy collecting the sponsorship checks.....

#40124 - 06/02/04 08:22 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
All the major studios are likely to have all the major programs their clients use for composing: Logic, Performer, Cubase, and Sonar.

I'm trying hard to explain that this isn't a question of Pro Tools, Nuendo, and Sequoia/Samplitude being high-end and other programs being low-end. It's a matter of horses for courses.

#40125 - 06/02/04 08:31 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Knife Offline
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fieryjack:
Interestingly, Emagic would have you believe that Logic is predominently used in some very major studios (through its color ads which I'm sure you've all seen).

I very much doubt this to be the case and these studios are likely to be just happy collecting the sponsorship checks.....
FWIW, I know several major studios in NY - and probably more importantly, producers and engineers who bring rigs INTO these studios - prefer to use a Logic/ProTools combination. Lots of guys prefer Logic on the "front end" for its ease of editing, flexible "environment" programming, powerful plug-ins and MIDI capabilities. They use Logic as the preferred interface with Pro Tools hardware on the "back end" providing I/O, DSP and mixing.

It makes a lot of sense, to me.

I don't know if you can still do this with Pro Tools HD and the new, Apple-owned Logic 6.0, but plenty of folks work this way with Pro Tools Mix systems and Logic 5.xx.

#40126 - 06/02/04 11:32 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
amounra Offline

Loc: Arcata, CA
Dunno, but Real World obviously uses Logic in house, and PG uses it for something or other live. Interesting set up those guys use, if you've seen them live. Its PRETTY COOL.

#40127 - 06/02/04 11:43 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Fieryjack Offline

I know that PG does use Logic to compose, and that he was drawn to Logic because of its color coding capabilities (i.e. coloring regions and sections). Apparently this helped him divvy out appropriate parts to respective musicians.....this is apparently (or was) fairly unique to Logic.

#40128 - 06/02/04 01:09 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
vincoprod Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: my own private Idaho
Thanks Nick. I am 100% correct. And Justin is 100% wrong by saying that DAW's other than Pro Tools are pro- sumer.I know guys with pro tools rigs and to a man they all cop to its limitations, they simply like it for its editing environment, which to me is about its only strong point. Does it sound any more pro than any of the others ? Hell no. And his statements to the contrary are un educated, un informed rhetoric. BFD, maybe? But when our forum administrator rambles on and on like some kind of blathering fool, it makes us all look bad. And your wrong to think I am all bent out of shape about this. I dont lose any sleep over someone elses idiotic comments.

#40129 - 06/02/04 02:32 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
Your Forum Administrator also has a point of view and doesn't mind rude insults. Geez I guess that word pro-sumer hit a nerve with you guys. I suggest a trip to Radio Shack to shake it off. Common Vinco, I've seen you in there wearing a trenchcoat and sunglasses. It's all good. \:D

#40130 - 06/02/04 03:49 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
jkruta Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Collinsville/St. Louis, MO USA
I thought my daughter would get a kick out of this web drama, but evidently, it's tame compared to the "Who's hotter...Depp or Bloom?" debate. \:D

Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: