Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137669 - 04/16/10 10:35 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: JohnH]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: JohnH
Did you read his last paragraph?

You mean the one where he vainly tries to justify his purchase in his mind... "hanging onto it in the hope that most of these issues will get fixed." Eventually settling on simply being a blind early adopter who was a sucker for buying it, but feels the iTampon may actually be a usable product in a year or so after significant revisions?

Yep.

magical!

#137670 - 04/16/10 11:31 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Mark, let's get to the bottom of this (not in the gay sense): why do you get crazy every time Apple comes out with something? Were you sodomized with a Mac Plus or something?

I mean, I'm not particularly interested in the Super Bowl, but I don't go crazy posting that there are far better entertainment values, people who like football are all cultists, the game will never make any money compared to soccer, and so on.

#137671 - 04/16/10 12:20 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Nick, I've already clearly outlined just some the shortcomings I see concerning the iTampon. You apparently haven't been actually reading my posts, as usual. You don't care what I think - all you do is skim posts for keywords and concepts to argue against in futility.

This just in:

Even The Retarded Bozos at Faux News Think The iPad Stinks!

And:

It's Official! Californians Are Apple's Bitch!

But anyways, back to the original topic: This Flash site is insanely fun! And it'll NEVER run on an iPad - the "best way to experience the web!®"

magical!

#137672 - 04/16/10 03:48 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: JohnH]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: JohnH
C'mon, 1st generation of any new tech is always imperfect.

I love how anytime Apple "Invents" something that already exists, people can call it "1st Generation".
They repackage everyone else's ideas and call it new. Just because they have a superior MARKETING ENGINE, does not make them trendsetters.

I'm sure if I wanted to, I could dumb down my 2 year old tablet to do what an iPad does - but why would I want to?!
There are all kinds of apps to make my phone look like an iPhone and hide all of it's features, but why would I want to?

#137674 - 04/17/10 01:11 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Joe Lepore]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

I read your posts, Mark, and they're retarded. My question is why you do this every time Apple is mentioned. You've been doing this since this board started. Same thing with Pro Tools.

Joe, Apple didn't invent the tablet computer nor do they claim to have done so. What they do is design products to make them appealing to lots of people, and it's YOUR shortcoming that you don't see that. Mark's shortcoming too.

#137675 - 04/17/10 02:46 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
JohnH Offline

Loc: west coast
So Mark and Joe, I'm sure you both have gone to an Apple store and messed around with the iPad.
You're both slamming it pretty hard, so I'm assuming that you have actually checked it out in person.
It must suck pretty bad.

That being said, I don't get the high emotional content.
Personally, I don't give a rat's pitooty about the iPad.
It looks kind of cool, but I'm not compelled to buy one.

Mark you keep mocking the word "magical".

As an older human, I find all of this stuff "magical".
The ability to record audio on to hard drives.
Please consider what is going on under the hood.
The high power computers that we average folks can purchase.
These are supercomputers compared to the state of the art only a few years ago.
The fact that I can run huge amounts of VIs and plugins and record unlimited audio at 96k/24 bit and have 12 terabytes of storage.
Compared to what was possible when I was starting out, I do consider it "magical"

I know it is not magic.
It is high level math and design.
Any current system, Mac or PC is an amazing amalgam of so many small steps, so many discoveries and inspirations.
I consider it miraculous.

I welcome new design and innovation.

Why bash?

#137677 - 04/17/10 08:17 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: JohnH]
olguitar Offline

Loc: minnesota
What appeals to me about Apple's offerings is that I don't have to know what's going on under the hood. Their stuff simply works. To a non-techy end-user that's simply golden. I do some back and forth work with a friend of mine who as the same ProTools system I do with the exception that he's running on Windows. It seems like every other time we try to do something at his studio there's a problem. He can't open my files (I have no problem opening his) or some other thing is goofy.

As to the iPad, I don't know if I'll get one or not, but if it looks like it'll make my life better, make certain jobs easier (the control surface emulators come to mind), hell yes. Just as soon as they release the second generation.

#137678 - 04/17/10 09:37 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: olguitar]
TheHopiWay Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Washington State
If the i-pad doesn't support Flash then I may have to buy one just to get away from all the annoying Flash based ads that drive me nuts.

#137680 - 04/17/10 01:47 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: TheHopiWay]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
It looks kind of cool, but I'm not compelled to buy one

I checked one out yesterday for the first time, and I agree. But I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro, so I don't need anything in between.

#137681 - 04/17/10 03:49 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Nick Batzdorf
Joe, Apple didn't invent the tablet computer nor do they claim to have done so. What they do is design products to make them appealing to lots of people, and it's YOUR shortcoming that you don't see that. Mark's shortcoming too.

Here's Nick doing his Homer Simpson impression again - "Everybody's stupid except for me."

Although from what I've seen on YouTube, amongst all the "iPad FAIL" videos, is that cats apparently are fascinated by shiny things as well as their owners. So I will give you that one: the iPad IS a magical, game changing cat toy.

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: