Page 16 of 29 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111469 - 08/04/07 04:58 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
TheTruth Offline

If Justin always sounded like this, in his 5 years as Web Developer for Panasonic, its no wonder that they went out of proaudio business... \:\)

#111470 - 08/04/07 05:06 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: TheTruth]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
Great thanks!

#111472 - 08/04/07 11:46 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
Brent Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: Audiophile
You obviously can care less about any of the other instruments. Especially the drums where they most likely are the deciding factor in any song.

Wow... kinda too bad, the premise of this is getting lost by a couple complaining about it. All when most did it for a little fun and to learn. Fact is, there's nothing in the tracks provided that a pro shouldn't be able to handle.
But if this gets out of hand, feel free to yank my stuff Justin. Didn't post it for competition sake. Hoped it might draw some other songsmith/producer people out to display their wares... and hopefully learn some things myself.

Oh... BTW Audiophile, if ya think my mix was bad, just wait until you hear the completely replayed/revamped version 'ol Brent's been working on in his spare time. Replayed drums are huge because they actually work in the tune like that now. So... if ya honestly think "big" drums is the deciding factor as to wether a song is good or not, I'm sure you'll love it \:\)

#111473 - 08/04/07 11:51 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Brent]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
Thanks Brent, you did a great job. Fun and learning is exactly what this is about. And I'm hoping we'll see some other mixes posted soon from some other folks. So the "competition" is ongoing and keep checking back.

#111474 - 08/05/07 12:57 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
Andrew K Offline
Founding Member

Loc: LA, CA, USA
I think this is a great thing... doing mixes based on supplied tracks.

I'd do a mix too if I had the time. Right now I'm scoring too much crap and deadlines don't permit me to do it. But if this sort of thing becomes an ongoing thing (which I hope it does)... I'll throw my 2 cent mixes in too.

Cheers,

AK

Brent...I look forward to your "spare time" mix... should be fun!!!

Audiophile... lighten up. There are no rules.... it's all good.

#111475 - 08/05/07 01:09 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Andrew K]
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
I've got one I'm working on. Time's a bit short but soon.

#111478 - 08/05/07 09:25 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Dan Weiss]
TLiX Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Whittier, CA, USA
Yea if I could get people to quite calling me with I 'have' to record this four song thing by 'yesterday' and if you have the next three days avail I 'need' to get it done name your price and I'll pay.
Gosh no time for fun! ;-)
Oh the girl I'm now in the mixing process is going for a Joss Stone kind of thing and I've been A-B'ing it with Joss's new album. Anybody listened to it? There are some real interesting things going on and they pack a lot of cool stuff into a mix, but then its open too... The kick sounds these cats are using on this new stuff too is kind of interesting. I'm trying to figure out a good sample to use as a blend to the live drums I recorded.

#111479 - 08/05/07 03:35 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: TLiX]
fronk10 Offline

Loc: pleasant hill,la
Sam, I have always heard if you 've got more work than you can do
you are working too cheap. Think about it. More money -- More gear. Benny

#111480 - 08/05/07 06:50 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: fronk10]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
 Originally Posted By: fronk10
Sam, I have always heard if you 've got more work than you can do
you are working too cheap. Think about it. More money -- More gear. Benny

Amen.

#111484 - 08/06/07 12:36 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Kecinzer]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
No really my philosophy is "too much work in this business is a bad thing". It's not like your repairing a car, or a computer. It's an subjective art. If your over worked, you can eaisely loose perspective, become mechanical in your decision making, and the product could be empty and baseless.

Unless your a money whore, it's not a good idea. You need days off to get out of the studio, go to the beach, or the mall. Go out to a club and meet and talk to new people. Listen to what's getting people off in the real world.

It sucks being slow, but it's worse being over worked.

I've gotten a little busy over this last week and haven't had time to do a mix. I will in the next few days. A full blown extravaganza!! Melodyning the vocals etc. I had no idea this was your production Justin, hats off to ya. The only real problem is the song is to long.

Page 16 of 29 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28 29 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: