?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface

Posted by: Stevehwan

?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface - 03/22/06 04:50 AM

Thoughts anyone? I was considering picking it up. : \:D
Posted by: Eric Seaberg

Re: ?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface - 03/22/06 05:38 PM

Steve, what do you wanna do with it?

Do you want it just to get ProTools LE or just to get another interface? If all you want is a firewire interface, I've got something else for ya!!
Posted by: Nick Batzdorf

Re: ?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface - 03/22/06 05:46 PM

M-Halo maybe? \:\)

The M-Audio stuff is always a good deal, but it's cheap. Whether that's what you need depends on what you're doing. I'd buy one to run PT M-Powered, but I'd use the digital I/O - just as I do with my MBox 2.

If you're looking for audiophile-grade converters, that's not the box for you.

Re: ?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface - 03/22/06 07:41 PM

Actually I picked up a couple of Metric Halo interfaces from someone on the MH users list. They were available at such an incredible price, I couldn't pass them up and will gladly pass them on to anyone that can appreciate what they are.

Obviously the list of appreciative users is very small. (you still need to hear one, Nick)
Posted by: Nick Batzdorf

Re: ?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface - 03/22/06 08:18 PM

You're right, Eric.

Time to call Stu again.
Posted by: Stevehwan

Re: ?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface - 03/23/06 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Seaberg:
Steve, what do you wanna do with it?

Do you want it just to get ProTools LE or just to get another interface? If all you want is a firewire interface, I've got something else for ya!!
I saw it for about $125.00 on E-bay and thought it could work great for my voice over guy to get his voice in Garage band. right now he's only able to use a computer mic because obviously there is no XLR inputs on any Macs I've seen.
He does however have a couple of new Rode mics that I believe would require phantom power, don't know, I use Neumanns & Sennheisers.
Steve Cox

Re: ?? M-Audio FireWire 410 audio interface - 03/23/06 04:33 AM

Sure, it'd be OK for that. I have an M-Audio 1814 but got that 'cause I needed the extra inputs. I have run PTLE with it and it works good, it just won't play with any other interfaces very well.

For $125, GET IT!!