MAX librarian for windows

Posted by: papete

MAX librarian for windows - 10/25/18 04:20 AM

Hello again, my battery went flat and lost all my routings and eq settings as i got to a live gig recently, i was able to reset it all but it took some time.

My thought was to get an old laptop with rs232 port and use the MAX librarian to save all my settings and reload them if needed.

Ihave a copy of MAX for windows and loaded it onto the laptop, the MAX control panel works correctly in both directions, sliders switches etc so 2 way communication is ok.

My problems are that the Librarian will save the data from the desk to a file in the laptop but will not load a file from the laptop to the desk. I only have a manual for the MAC version of MAX so I am not sure all the settings on the desk and the laptop are correct. I have spent 2 days trying every combination I can and find it only works at 57.6 baud rate witch should be ok and only certain settings in the midi setup menu allow me to download from the desk none of them will let me load to the desk, the "topc" light on the desk flashes when i send from the laptopbut but no date is transfered.
Does anyone know if i am doing something stupid or has anyone got a manual "RAMSA MAX FOR WINDOWS" please as i have run out of ideas.
I hope someone can help, all the best to everyone.
Pete in the UK
Posted by: vincoprod

Re: MAX librarian for windows - 10/25/18 12:50 PM

I have a unopened box of WR-RC/M that Is going to be posted on Ebay in the next day or 2. looking to recoup the $150 I spent on it all those years ago.

Re: MAX librarian for windows - 10/25/18 02:17 PM

thank you for the offer but that is the MAC version, it is the windows version i am looking for as i dont have a MAC book
All the best Pete in England UK

Re: MAX librarian for windows - 10/25/18 04:13 PM

Hello again, as I said before the MAX works fine communicating in both directions but the librarian will only recieve data from the desk but not send data to the desk, the "save file" is grayed out in the librarian window.
It is like the desk is "write protcted", is this possable and if so how do I un protect it please
the "rx" is on in the midi screen so that should allow it to recieve data i think.
Anyone got any idea please
All the best Pete