Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23480 - 04/30/01 11:34 PM I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
GetBackJack Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Hi all,
This is my first posting so please be gentle (but I have been a "lurker" for over a year, when I bought my DA-7.
The problem: I called Atlanta service for the upgrade appointment like Panafred said to do and this guy named Fernando says, "What's a DA-7?" (Yikes! I think to myself) "You know, " I said, "the digital mixer, I need an appointment or reservation for the upgrade." He says,
We don't give appoinments or reservations. You got something broke,
you send it in. We fix it and send it back, in about two weeks." At this point I start to think I'm in "Fernando's Hideaway!"
Has this gone any smoother with any of you? How about it, Panafred? I would like to take my mixer in personally and wait if that's possible. I can't really afford two weeks and it's only a four hour drive for me (Nashville). Thanks in advance.

#23481 - 05/01/01 04:01 AM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
Dano Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Welcome GetBackJack,
I too am considering the same thing with my two boards and I live in Nashville also. Fred, can you give us some guidance here?
Much appreciated!
Dano

#23482 - 05/01/01 08:52 AM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
Panafred Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca
I am sorry to hear of your problems with our servicecenter. Unfortunately, I don't work in the service area, but I can direct you to the guy who can take care of you inside Panasonic. He handles problems in the United States only. His name is Mark Varga, and he can be reached by email at vargam@panasonic.com.

Hope this helps.

Fred Jones
Panasonic Pro Audio

#23483 - 05/01/01 09:14 AM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
LittleVoice Offline

Loc: Surry,Maine USA
I just sent my Da7 to Videologic in New Jersey. I am "between" studio setups so it is a "good time" to spend another $400 for something I barely know anything about anyway! It's supposed to be a 5 day turn-around. So far they seem pretty professional sounding over the phone, but I enclosed the list of tasks to be performed from Fred's post (the one with 60 posts),so that they knew just what I was expecting. I think the post is http://www.audiotalkback.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002220.html Fred's post says I'm entitled to free return freight incl. insurance. However the man at the repair center said they only allow $20 for freight. It cost me circa $35 to send it ups ground including insurance, so a little red flag has gone up (Hear me Fred???) The man said "we are an independent repair shop, and that's our policy". So this is the beginning of potential(actual) conflicts, right? However small they seem...I asked about the kit..what's in it? "a fan,a battery,some hardware for the fan, something to modify the talkback feature,something vague (proprietary?). I asked if there was anything in the kit that made it possible to load os2.5? He wasn't sure or he said there may be something proprietary that makes the fan(!) circuitry not allow us to download 2.5 into non-upgraded DA7's. I wish I had more experience with the board so I could evaluate the upgrade when it comes back, and let you'all know what kind of a bang -for-the-buck this is,or isn't. I know this is picky stuff to comment on, but, hey, I'm very sensitive...red flags are flying and $450 bucks..oh well... or oh hell.

#23484 - 05/01/01 02:46 PM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
Panafred Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca
I think you should contact Mark at the email address in my other post. The terms of the up-grade should be as I posted. I beleive Mark can help you with this if there is a problem. We have no desire to make this an un-happy experience.

Fred Jones
Panasonic Pro Audio

#23485 - 05/02/01 02:29 AM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
LittleVoice Offline

Loc: Surry,Maine USA
Thanks Fred. My karma is really tight this life-go-around! Irony speaks..I'm composing my post, and you have already replied..but I could'nt "see" it until AFTER I pressed "submit". Sorry, I'll email Mark. The problem is that it appears that the fixit shop doesn't follow Panasonic's policy, or is unaware of a list of Panasonic procedures, including the minor freight issue. and that could mean more variance when the tech "pops the hood" of my toy. That's the red flag. Please contact your service people and alert them that WE are watching.(at least I am). My black mood is just because my music setup is interupted, and everyone here will understand withdrawl..just for the record..I love my Da7!!

#23486 - 05/02/01 07:06 AM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
Mark_1 Offline

Loc: Secaucus NJ,
Fred I though you wanted me to stay off the board?

Alrighty then.

Update from the Adminisphere....
...I'm Mark Varga, I work in the Service Administration dept. in Panasonic's HQ. Secaucus NJ. Mark_1 or PanaMark which is better? Our Group used to support Ramsa years ago before the big move to LA. I was part of the Broadcast group at that time. Dave Tarlowe was the Engineer.

To date a made a few quick posts but pretty much stayed off the board since this is your forum.

(By the way I saw Oil and Drums sold his DA7 on EBAY)

April 1, our group officially took over the repair support of the WR-DA7, the current line up and the new products moving forward.
The service admin. for Dat machines and speakers,analog mixers etc. are still out of Panasonic LA.

I am in the process of evaulating the Service centers that we inherited from PanaFred's old group(Broadcast Division).

Honestly, Atlanta service center is a consumer facility. They should not have been authorized to repair this product and I hereby declair them officially terminated!
I'll spare you the details.
(Q20 _ do you want to second that?)

That leaves 4 Nationally. You know who they are.

I'll call Video-logic and get that shipping issue straight with them. (They are a profesional operation by the way.) The Upgrade covers shipment.

I'll add more as we go... for now any problems... vargaM@pansonic.com

I have not terminated them yet, but they are no longer part of the referral from Panasonic's home page. (Step 1)

#23487 - 05/02/01 04:08 PM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
GetBackJack Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Hey Panafred, many thanks!! PanaMark(?) emailed me with a very workable solution to my situation. Panasonic service now does "house calls" at least if you live in Nashville. My thanks also to Steve Blankman, National Marketing Mgr. who volunteered to do the upgrade for me. He even offered to come to my studio, to do it since he lives in Nashville. Is this a great company or what ?!! Now, I'm also looking for a 1969-'72 Volvo 164 Panafred (white with light blue leather interior) No need to deliver, I'll come and get it. Seriously, thanks alot.

#23488 - 05/02/01 06:13 PM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
envoid Offline

Loc: NYC
Hey!!! Count me in on the housecalls!! Who's coming to NY,PanaFred? Don't be shy, my studio is extremely friendly. We serve a mean Latte as well.....

------------------

#23489 - 05/02/01 06:26 PM Re: I got nowhere with Fernando, Fred
Rick Huff Offline

Loc: Belmont, Ca. USA
Welcome Mark!

Just wanted to thank you for your outstanding help. I really appreciate your attention to detail. It is good to know that you will be there during a time of need.

Best regards,
Rick Huff
Skyway Musical Technology, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: