Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#89210 - 10/12/00 01:26 AM DA7 Lightpipe Problem,is it just me?
NewDA7user Offline

Loc: Concord
Ok, I have 3 lightpipe I/Os going to the new Tascam mx-2424, so it's setup as if I were running 3 adats. I figured out that the returns automatically go to the flip faders,17-32, and the remaining 8 channels come in on 9-16 once I change the routing switch on one of the D I/O pages of the DA7. My problem is: Once I've done my first 16 tracks, I can't use my quarter inch inputs (9-16) and monitor them at the same time, like the remaining channels. I can either monitor the input, or if I switch to monitoring the returns, I can no longer send signal to the mx-2424 unless I A. don't monitor the returns or B. use the XLR inputs 1-8 instead...which will work if I don't need to use a 1/4 inch input. Do I just need to buy some direct boxes and live with this limitation or is there a way around this?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#89211 - 10/12/00 03:05 AM Re: DA7 Lightpipe Problem,is it just me?
DougA Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
The only other option I can think of is to add another DA7 and run in tandem.

#89212 - 10/12/00 03:18 AM Re: DA7 Lightpipe Problem,is it just me?
NewDA7user Offline

Loc: Concord
Damnit! Damnit!
Oh well...
aha!
I do have one solution,use the last eight tracks for vocals and or guitar solos etc. thereby using only the XLRs
But I still wish I could make the decision in what order to record my instrumentation. Darn limits! oh well.

#89213 - 10/12/00 12:10 PM Re: DA7 Lightpipe Problem,is it just me?
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
You need to keep some adapters nearby so you can run those 1/4" signals into the XLR 1-8 inputs for overdubbing. I once suggested to Panasonic that they shift over the 3rd slot so that instead of taking over 9-16, it would take over 5-12, giving you 4 XLR channels and 4 1/4" channels for overdubs. Never got a yea or nay on that one. There's probably some hardware reason that forced them to do it the way that it is.

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: