Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9652 - 06/21/99 11:50 AM cubase adats & da7
patrick McGoohan Offline

Loc: fremont,ca,usa
im trying to dump 16 tracks of material recorded on adats into cubase for editing, but when i listen back the timing is all screwed up. does anyone out there use cubase like this? am i on the wrong programe, or asking to much of cubase? mine is the 4.0 version (supposed to support 96 audio tracks) on a power mac 8600, 160 mg ram 6, gig external hard drive @250 mega herz

#9653 - 06/21/99 06:44 PM Re: cubase adats & da7
Dave C Offline

Loc: MA
Ugh!!!
Iv'e been battling this issue since november.Essentially there is no way to accurately sync cubase to ADATs. The closest you can get is to sync using MIDI Time Code. I use a BRC to generate MTC. If you don't have a BRC you can use a DATA SYNC (JL Cooper) which converts ADAT sync to MTC. Do not attempt to sync Cubase to SMPTE. Cubase does not support smpte in any satisfactory way. Until ASIO 2 is available MTC is your only option. Annoying. You might want to check out the Cubase MEssage board at cubase@eGroups.com and try your question there.
Good luck.
Dave C

#9654 - 07/02/99 08:07 AM Re: cubase adats & da7
faderboy Offline

Loc: Hollywood, CA USA
Go figure - in the 2408 manual, MOTU says you can get up to within 367 samples when clocked to SMPTE, 50 when clocked to the computer's internal clock. I guess sample accurate transfers of digital audio are not a big priority with them... I have found that Cubase VST24 does quite well stand alone, but I have been in absolute hell trying to get any kind of acceptable lock between the 2408 and ADATs... Of course if you have the resources, you can get Protools24 with an ADAT bridge I/O and get true didtal lock...

#9655 - 07/11/99 06:11 PM Re: cubase adats & da7
Ade Offline

Loc: LA USA
Are you using MTC to lock Cubase to the ADATs? Is the frame rate set properly?
Tell us exactly how you configured the transfer.
A well set up MTC sync situation is not sample accurate (yet) but it can be very, very tight. Within 1-2 m.secs.
Adrian

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: