Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23605 - 05/13/02 04:07 PM a call to our german bros.
Long Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I will be in Berlin sometime between the 28th of June and July 4th and need to hook up with a studio to cut some vocals for an album project. I'm currently Pro Tools (5.1) based and will be carrying my hard drives with me. Anyone here able to direct me to a good room with a good pilot?

Thanks,
Long

#23606 - 05/15/02 05:39 AM Re: a call to our german bros.
claus Offline

Loc: Mainz, Germany
uh, oh, berlin....faar away, hmmmm

try http://www.filmorchester.de; good, but probably not cheap; contact Mr. Klaus Beyer

sorry for being not of much help
cheers,

claus

#23607 - 05/15/02 05:52 AM Re: a call to our german bros.
envoid Offline

Loc: NYC
 Quote:
Originally posted by claus:
contact Mr. Klaus Beyer

Word has it that Mr.Beyer is really dynamic

#23608 - 05/15/02 04:19 PM Re: a call to our german bros.
Long Offline

Thanks Claus! I'll check him out. By the way, you wouldn't have any idea how long of a train ride Paris is from Berlin would ya'? I'll be in Paris first and will need to hop over to Berlin and have heard the trip is anywhere from 6 to 11 hours! I need to allot the proper time so my schedule doesn't get screwed up. Thanks!

#23609 - 05/15/02 08:45 PM Re: a call to our german bros.
vincoprod Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: my own private Idaho
Long Enjoy your trip to Europe.This is way O.T. But I have been meaning to ask you about the Aguilar bass amp combo.How does it stack up to say, a David Eden Metro or the SWR workingman combos? I like thier tube pre a lot.

#23610 - 05/15/02 09:39 PM Re: a call to our german bros.
Morten Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Long
I´m not German but the homepage of the Die Bahn,
has a search mode where you can find train depatures, I did a quick search and found it takes 8 hours and 40 minutes with the train from Paris to Berlin, here is the adr. www.db.de

Morten

#23611 - 05/15/02 10:58 PM Re: a call to our german bros.
claus Offline

envoid, do you know mr. beyer? the world is really small!
however, actually I have known klaus beyer as a very dynamic man (no kidding), he's the guy with the highest mobile phone bill i have ever met; I actually sold him his console (AMS Neve VX) and he definately is a good businss man....

and yes >8h seems right for this trip

any questions please ask

#23612 - 05/16/02 12:28 AM Re: a call to our german bros.
Long Offline

Vincoprod - I wasn't aware that Aguilar had a combo amp out. I'll ask my rep about it when I see him next. Where have you seen/heard about this? If it's anything like the rest of their product line, it'll be fat, warm and very ballsy!

Morten/Claus - thanks for the info, 8 hours sounds way better than 11! If I want to travel one-way from Paris to Berlin, which rail pass should I purchase? I don't speak a lick of German and couldn't make out which train to take and how much it'll cost. I'll fly home from Berlin and won't be touring the countryside, so a multi-use pass won't be needed. Eurail pass? Europass? ?Saver? Help!

#23613 - 05/16/02 12:47 AM Re: a call to our german bros.
JingleJungle Offline

Loc: Switzerland, Switzerland, Swit...
Long-

just purchase a one way ticket to Berlin... that easy... if you're on a budget go 2nd class, just like in the good ole USA. If you're on a *real budget* try hitchhiking

Oh yeah.. the proper french sentence to purchase your ticket would be
"Un billet pour Berlin, s'il vous plait, premiere classe, allee seulement"... You got some time to try to memorize this, so practice, dude!

Otherwise try good ol' plain english... Many europeans do speak the language, y'know - especially at train stations & airports!

Avec mes meilleurs voeux de bon voyage, und gute Fahrt!!

Paul

#23614 - 05/16/02 12:52 AM Re: a call to our german bros.
claus Offline

try this:
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.e...newrequest=yes&

if this doesnt work, go to www.bahn.de and click on the "int. guests" tab. and then on personal timetable; I hope this helps.("suchen" means "search"; they forgot to translate this and it does return german results only anyway)

it may be possible to buy a ticket via credit card, but probably the easiest is to buy a ticket directly at "Paris-Gare du Nord" station (practice your french; actually i am sure they do speak english there....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: