Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60294 - 04/17/06 10:25 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
rick Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Cambria, CA USA
 Quote:
Rick...you've busted my balls plenty of times in the past about exclamations and long winded posts looking cheesy. What can I say?
This isn't the same. Your attempt at a sales pitch was cheesy. It has nothing to do with your other posts on different topics.

And you have to understand that everyone associated with your company must present a good company "face" to the public. You can't just blast out a reaction, no matter how justified you feel. You have to take a moment, breathe, and then compose a polite---but firm---reply. No flying off the handle.

Quote:
My "Take a look at people's profile before you decide to insult them! " comment was meant for you to check the amount of posts that I have contributed to this forum and my time spent here...
But the number of posts you've made, and the skills you demonstrate in those posts, has no bearing on your company image. We may be able to infer your abilities as an engineer or designer, but that says nothing about your product or your business ethics.

Quote:
That's why I have a free C.D. available that features my mics being shot out against the big boys.
So why do we have to find this out after a knock-down, drag-out fight with you? If you're serious about selling product, you absolutely must get someone to help with this end of the business. Someone who understands that potential buyers need information before sending a check.

Look at ads in any audio magazine. Virtually all of them have information, web site references, the occasional endorsement, and often their prices. There are occasional teaser ads from major manufacturers ("It's coming on May 1st---go to your dealer then!"), but these manufacturers are well-established. And they still give you a web site to find out more info.

You can't bludgeon potential customers into buying unless you're the US in Iraq...but I digress.

#60295 - 04/17/06 11:13 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
Those have got to be the longest "no information" sales pitch posts I've ever seen. No link? No info? E-mail you? Who do I make the check out to? What color are the mics? How big? Tubes? FET? Pencil condensers? LDC? Please direct me. Or do you want me to email you, then you will send me the info? Why is this so unusually difficult? Thanks.

#60296 - 04/17/06 08:27 PM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
strdsk Offline

Loc: Oak Lawn, Illinois
OK...here's what you've all been waiting for! Glenn...you can have what ever you like for absolutely free with no obligations whatsoever even though I've never even heard of you as an engineer! Everyone posting on this topic...everything that you say is the gospel truth, good, and right! Also, I'll post my schematics so you can build/have built your own for free! My design could never be near as good as AKG or Neumann even though George himself had to start somewhere! Is that better? See how rediculous that sounds? That's obviously what you all want to hear...although my stance has not/will not change! Once again for all of you with **** plugging your ears...I'm not "pitching" you anything...simply allowing you to get the getting while the getting is good before Guitar Center buys my stock and marks it up! Now that my U.S. patent has gone through I assusme that this will be happening very soon! I currently have a three week waiting list for my products even though I never claimed to be a "EE genius"! You people don't want a "salesperson with people skills" you simply want a pushover who hands **** out for free and once again...it's not happening! I never posted that I was looking for "promoters" or endorsees either, but since you bunch are so enlightened to be one I had to "insult" you! You're giving me everything but what I'm asking for here! I ask if anyone wants to bite...you give me your blood type! I mean..."Sweet Zombie Jesus" or whatever the hell that's supposed to mean! Although you all are convinced that I'm full of bull****, the truth of the matter is that with a cast of one to feed and a three week waiting list for merch...why should I pay to put up a site and/or samples? Zumbido...I said that "I always intentionally post little information about my products in ads"! Not, I always intentionally post little information about **** I have for sale...smartass! That seems to be an epidemic around here...God! Rick...I originally was very polite if you bothered to look back at all! Face or no face, I don't kiss ass to anyone...that's not what this is about in my book! The fact is that no sense of comraderie has been established at all in the years I've been here which is why I don't make it a habit of posting here! You guys talk **** like you're the creators themselves and when a young guy like myself won't take one of the chin from a bunch of old farts you guys freak out! I actually find it fun to bust balls back so keep it comin'! I never asked you for a check...you would have known this if you simply dropped me a personal line. If you can't put forth that much effort, why I should I give you anything for free? Am I supposed to believe that someone too lazy to even drop me a line on a personal note is going to be out ther plugging away my product? Come on...dry that one out and you can fertilize the lawn with it! The audio companies that you're referring to who put out gobs of information are already established with sick amounts of income so they can afford to publicize like that. I'd have to mark my products up triple and lose quality to pull that off. Then, broke dick dog engineers couldn't afford them and we'd just be another Neumann type company. I'm, obviously, grass roots based regardless of if you guys like it or not! Sscannon...what are you talking about dude? I e-mailed you all of the information early today! Check out your mail before you blast me man! I have followed all of your posts, along with Rick and Glenn's, since the very beginning! Everything from your drumming experiences to your bad DA7 pots to your at home child birth! Let's put it this way...I have credits in Paul Wertico's last album and he LOVES these mics! You will not be sorry...if you read my e-mail to you and have an ounce of faith in a fellow board member! Joey D!

#60297 - 04/17/06 08:46 PM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hey Joe, why don't you just put up some product information on a website?

#60298 - 04/17/06 08:50 PM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

Loc: El Lay
Damn! I didn't realize that I needed reading glasses until now.

Whew!

#60299 - 04/17/06 09:11 PM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
Andrew K Offline
Founding Member

Loc: LA, CA, USA
This is how your post reads to me Joey:

OK...hree's waht you've all been wiiatng for! Gnlen...you can hvae waht eevr you lkie for abosullety fere wtih no ongoalitibs whtvaseeor eevn toguhh I've neevr eevn herad of you as an eneinger! Enevoyre pnistog on tihs tipoc...eyrnhietvg taht you say is the geospl tturh, good, and rhgit! Aslo, I'll psot my smetcachis so you can bulid/hvae biult yuor own for fere! My desgin cuold nveer be naer as good as AKG or Neaumnn eevn tohguh Greoge hemilsf had to sratt swormheee! Is taht beettr? See how rduluoices taht sduons? Taht's oiulosbvy waht you all wnat to haer...agothluh my sactne has not/wlil not cnghae! Ocne aagin for all of you wtih **** pilggung yuor eras...I'm not "pcthinig" you aythnnig...spilmy alionwlg you to get the gitnteg wihle the gtneitg is good bferoe Guiatr Cetner byus my scotk and mkars it up! Now taht my U.S. penatt has gnoe truohgh I assumse taht tihs wlil be hnepinpag vrey soon! I cenrtruly hvae a trhee week wiating lsit for my porctuds eevn tguohh I nveer cmealid to be a "EE gnuies"! You poelpe don't wnat a "sresaleopsn wtih ppeloe sllkis" you smilpy wnat a phsvueor who hadns **** out for fere and ocne aigan...it's not henpaping! I nveer pteosd taht I was lnokiog for "ptroemros" or eeeordnss etheir, but scine you bucnh are so elntiehegnd to be one I had to "iunslt" you! You're ginivg me evytrnehig but waht I'm aknisg for hree! I ask if aynone watns to btie...you gvie me yuor bolod tpye! I maen..."Seewt Ziobme Jseus" or wehvaetr the hlel taht's sospuped to maen! Aultghoh you all are ccoinvend taht I'm flul of blul****, the tutrh of the mteatr is taht wtih a csat of one to feed and a tehre week wntaiig lsit for mecrh...why sluhod I pay to put up a stie and/or saempls? Zdubmio...I siad taht "I awlays ianilnttoleny psot llttie itaomfirnon aubot my ptdruocs in ads"! Not, I alawys ininalltnetoy psot llitte iirnmtofaon aoubt **** I hvae for slae...saamrtss! Taht smees to be an empdeiic aornud hree...God! Rcik...I onglilariy was vrey piolte if you berhteod to look bcak at all! Fcae or no fcae, I don't ksis ass to aonyne...taht's not waht tihs is aobut in my book! The fcat is taht no ssene of careomirde has been estalhbeisd at all in the yreas I've been hree wchih is why I don't mkae it a hiabt of poinstg hree! You gyus tlak **** lkie you're the careotrs tlemvhsees and wehn a ynuog guy lkie myelsf won't tkae one of the cihn form a bnuch of old ftras you gyus ferak out! I alclauty fnid it fun to bsut blals bcak so keep it cimon'! I nveer asekd you for a cehck...you wluod hvae kownn tihs if you spmily doerppd me a pearonsl lnie. If you can't put fotrh taht mcuh eorfft, why I sohuld I gvie you aynnithg for fere? Am I ssuopepd to beielve taht seoomne too lzay to eevn dorp me a lnie on a peaonrsl ntoe is gonig to be out tehr pggiulng aawy my porudct? Cmoe on...dry taht one out and you can feitlrize the lwan wtih it! The aduio cpeaimons taht you're rrerefing to who put out gbos of ifionromatn are adraely eesbahltisd wtih scik amutons of imcnoe so tehy can aoffrd to pzbiluice lkie taht. I'd hvae to mrak my pcudrtos up tpilre and lsoe qtiualy to plul taht off. Tehn, bokre dcik dog eenriegns coludn't aforfd tehm and we'd jsut be aeohtnr Nenmaun tpye campony. I'm, obiusvoly, gsras rotos beasd rrgadlsees of if you gyus lkie it or not! Snaconsn...waht are you tkialng aobut ddue? I e-meaild you all of the iaofnmriotn eraly tdoay! Ccehk out yuor mial bferoe you balst me man! I hvae fwoolled all of yuor pstos, anolg wtih Rcik and Gelnn's, sicne the vrey bgienning! Eihryventg form yuor dinmrumg erixeecneps to yuor bad DA7 ptos to yuor at hmoe cilhd bitrh! Let's put it tihs way...I hvae critdes in Pual Wcietro's lsat abulm and he LEVOS tehse mcis! You wlil not be srory...if you raed my e-mial to you and hvae an ocune of fiath in a foellw barod mebemr! Jeoy D!

#60300 - 04/17/06 10:31 PM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
Ian T Offline

Loc: sebastopol CA
Allright, that's enough, there are already too many microphones in the world. Why don't you come up with something we really need like another les Paul model - or - a new Strat - you could call it the 53rd anniversary Strat or how about a state of the art, boutique( isn't that word getting annoying?) Wire recorder- with tube electronics.

#60301 - 04/17/06 10:33 PM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
Originally posted by strdsk:
Sscannon...what are you talking about dude? I e-mailed you all of the information early today! Check out your mail before you blast me man! I have followed all of your posts, along with Rick and Glenn's, since the very beginning! Everything from your drumming experiences to your bad DA7 pots to your at home child birth!
Checked my mail, got it. Still...is it possible to snap a few pics? Is there just one mic, or are they "all" $350? I'm still confused, not trying to be funny. And I'm not the one who had a home birth, but thanks for listening all these years....sniff......

#60302 - 04/18/06 03:49 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Really didn't want to respond to this any further, but seeing as you misquoted me (and continue to show me the lack of respect that you so obviously think you deserve) - I never asked you for anything for free. Sight unseen, I offered to extend my time to you and shoot-out your microphone. Sorry Joe, like it or not, most manufacturers both large and small welcome the opportunity to have their products compared to similar products, especially when they make the kind of unsubstantiated claims that you have made. So, no, I was not attempting somehow to lift a free mic from you. And, in all actuality, I really don't need another mic, good or bad. Or another free gift. Or another job shooting out and/or promoting someone else's microphone. BTW, I produce records for a living, as others whom I've befriended here will attest. I don't pull that card because I enjoy and respect everyone (well, almost everyone ;\) ) who posts here and don't think its necessary to self-promote on a message board. Your assumptions about the people who post here & their place in the music, film & television industry are wildly incorrect. You are doing your product and yourself a disservice in continuing to dig a deeper hole by insulting the people who were attempting to help you. You truly are not aware of the doors that could have been opened on your behalf if you had shown even half the respect to others that you have shown here. That said, Joe, you need clients - clients don't need you. I live that everyday, with every artist I produce. I have a fundamental understanding that there are a thousand producers who could and would take my job in a heartbeat. I treat my clients and potential clients with the same respect and understanding. You might want to take that advice from an old fart.

I wish you and your product the best of luck.

#60303 - 04/18/06 06:02 AM Re: Chicago based audio company new products...
mixandburn Offline

Loc: Northern Calif.
This thread is really turning into a circus and it appears we all may be the clowns here.

Strdsk....No disrespect intended here but since respect has obviously flown out the window long ago, I'll just say it.

Do you have a drug problem ? I mean the inconsistencies and contradictions in your posts are so blatent it is as if you can't remember from one sentence to the next what your talking about. You either have to be the most uneducated salesman/owner/developer/builder/designer/EE engineer on the planet or your just moonlighting as a troll. Its really rediculous dude.
Obviously there is no reasoning with you on an intelligent level because it appears you don't get it. Whatever. I would bet you probably won't sell much of your product here. Too bad, you may have gotten several orders had you approached people in a civil way. I may have bought on of your mics but I wouldn't buy one now for a dollar. It wouldn't be worth dealing with you and the potential volatile situation that could erupt over nothing.
As far as Glenns offer goes. That is pretty standard operating business. If you've paid attention all the years you've been around you would have known he is the real deal and not just some shmo trying to screw you out of one little unknown name brand mic. I only wish he would offer to review a product I might have or a song..PLUG_PLUG...

Have a nice life dude. It can only go uphill from here.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: