Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58698 - 09/10/06 09:16 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

Loc: El Lay
"to support their ideology"

Back to the hole in the Democrats strategy. They have NO ideology - 'cept fer raisin' taxes.

#58699 - 09/10/06 01:10 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zumbido:
They have NO ideology - 'cept fer raisin' taxes.
If you believe that, than you will believe that Bush is the biggest Democrat in the good ole' USA. Quit parrotin' Fox News, Zum - it's downright unbecomin' of y'all. \:D

#58700 - 09/10/06 01:14 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

What's their ideology?

From 2004: "Stronger at Home, Respected in the World"

What?

Is this some sports franchise slogan? Of course, nothing about how this bumper-sticker motto is to actually be realized.

I checked CNN, NY Times, LA Times... nothin'.

Oh, there are tons of articles (LA Times) about Phil Angelides (D) attempting to take the CA Govenor's gig. No real info 'cept that he's ALL about raisin' yer taxes - well at least mine and Nick's.

#58701 - 09/10/06 03:32 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, DA7 user group? You weep for the war in Iraq, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That death, while tragic, probably saves lives. And that existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want soldiers on that wall, you need them on that wall. They use words like honor, code, loyalty. They use those words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. Bush has neither the time nor the inclination to explain this to a men who rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

#58702 - 09/10/06 04:49 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Fieryjack Offline

Loc: New York
Justin, well said.

#58703 - 09/10/06 05:07 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

Justin, did rider write that for you?

#58704 - 09/10/06 05:09 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
If I'm not mistaken I believe Jack Nicholson said it first.

#58705 - 09/10/06 06:21 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

#58706 - 09/10/06 09:06 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Justin, can you explain that for simpletons like me? I don't quite get the references.

zumbido, you're right that the Democrats aren't articulating what they stand for. That's why I'm so disgusted with them right now.

However, just not being Bush should be more than enough for a landslide victory.

#58707 - 09/10/06 09:17 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
Yeah jack N said most of it first.. Just watched it the other night. What a great performance.

I don't know if Bush Made up the info or lied about it - which for the most part we will never know. It seems like everyone involved uses what ever info they have for political gain instead of getting at the truth. That is why I do not trust either side of the debate. No one can say it in an unbiased way. There is always some weird spin on it from either side.
It is kind of like the statement - what does the word "is" mean? I don't let my kids get away with that kind of talk.. why can the president??? That is not to pick on Clinton at all, they all speak that language. I have a friend/aquaintance that knows clinton and says he really is a good guy over all - even being from Arkansas! - But it is still the same political junk.
No one will come out and ever say.. this is what happened and this is what I knew. Although I do appreciate how Clinton wrote about it in His book and said I did it because I could. At least he was honest at that point - a little late though. What ever happend to just saying.. I beleive this and I want to do it?
My personal biased opinion is that George Jr. was just finishing up what Daddy Bush started in the 90s. No more and no less. He was covering his Daddy's tail and finishing up. 9-11 just gave him the opportunity to do it - sort of. I also think that is was linked to the palistinian issues. Once Saddam was out of there, the suicide bombings stopped for the most part in Israel. Before that time there were almost one everyday.
He should have just said.. we are going after Osamah and in addition to that we are going to take out Saddam because he ****es me off. Ok, I can handle that. I might not agree, but at least it would have been honest. Even if it was for resources (oil) thats ok too but come out and say it.. WE are a resource hungery nation and we want YOUR OIL so we can save ours. Or if it was for Israel's sake, Say it! At least you are not expecting me to be so gulible and stupid to beleive the spin and Hype. I think that is what makes all of us really mad most of the time.
What we need is a BS meeter on the bottom of the television.. the more the BS the higher it goes.. Actually, that would be pretty funny..

J

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: