Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58838 - 09/15/06 07:52 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kecinzer:
This threat is so freaking frightening that I would definitely run to the nearest mountings with my survival gear in my sack if I just wasn't so entertained by all this conspiracy crap. Really funny stuff. I should send this link to George Noory to have it posted on the Coast To Coast website. \:D
What threat?

#58839 - 09/15/06 08:23 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
I'm sorry guys, but I think you've pretty much lost it to think there were planted explosives in the 2 towers that we somehow new the terrorists were going to fly into.

Get back into the studio and make music.

#58840 - 09/15/06 09:16 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

It is far fetched. I just wish it was that easy for me to accept everything that is spoon-fed me from the media and our blatantly Christian government. But, back to making music......

#58841 - 09/16/06 12:38 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by sscannon:
What threat?
Make it "thread" "D" as a "Dumb a s s"

#58842 - 09/16/06 06:30 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
Nice

#58843 - 09/16/06 07:04 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zumbido Offline
Founding Member

Loc: El Lay
Okay, I got the "D" typo in 'threat'.

But...

"run to the nearest mountings"

... what is a 'mountings'?

"... George Noory ... Coast To Coast..."

Now I know what you 'late-nighters' stay up for.

#58844 - 09/16/06 10:45 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kecinzer:
 Quote:
Originally posted by sscannon:
What threat?
Make it "thread" "D" as a "Dumb a s s"
Spell check much? And I thought it was "smart" ass.

#58845 - 09/16/06 11:34 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Quoth Klute:

Quote:
And even after making these observations, you still refuse to believe that these people couldn't morally have made the decision to sacrifice thousands of innocent civilians to make billions and further their cause for war? How many innocent civilians have died so far in the "war on terror" on either "side"? They don't seem to have a problem with those numbers, either.

You took great pains to establish that these people are basically insane. Is it such a huge logical step to believe that they were even more involved at a basic level than previously thought?
I do see your point, Mark, I always have. But yes, I do feel that it's a huge step from conspiring to sell a war in a foreign land to staging an absolutely terrible attack on your own country.

Viewing it from a different angle, I get the feeling that you guys may be missing what I believe led to the attacks in the first place; I can't help thinking that if you saw that, you'd be less focused on the way the buildings collapsed and more on the bigger picture.

The idea that a huge group of bloodthirsty lunatics wants to kill us all for no reason other than that we don't practice their religion sounds pretty simplistic, doesn't it. In fact it goes against everything I believe about human beings (with the qualification that there certainly are *some* people like that). I've explained many times that I believe Western imperialism over the years has much more to do with what's happening than most people realize, since we don't see it from here. But why were we "the great Satan" in 1979, for example? Was there no reason at all?

Yet "they want to kill us for no reason" is the sales pitch that goes with the "war on terrorism." If you tie what I and most people believe happened on 9/11 to that, it's easy to see why you might be less inclined to believe the standard explanation.

That's just conjecture on my part; I may well be wrong. However, I have yet to hear one person who agrees with Bush say he or she believes any of these conspiracy theories.

#58846 - 09/16/06 12:26 PM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
GlennR01 Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Batzdorf:
Yet "they want to kill us for no reason" is the sales pitch that goes with the "war on terrorism." If you tie what I and most people believe happened on 9/11 to that, it's easy to see why you might be less inclined to believe the standard explanation.
And "they" loved us just fine when the CIA funneled money and weapons to our now terrorist enemies, while we were covertly fighting the Russians when they were mired in their own version of Vietnam in Afghanistan.

#58847 - 09/17/06 08:59 AM Re: OT: The genius of Bush
zrocks Offline

Loc: Minneapolis
Having worked with steel as a blacksmith - I was a hobby blacksmith, my friend made a living at it.

The problem with the WTC explosive theory is that they rely on the burning temperature of steel as a focal point as to why the buildings could not fall.

I helped my blacksmith friend make ornamental jewelery and plant hangers, fireplace tools and other stuff. Often we used old car springs which is tempered steel. Heat destroys the temper of steel. Steel does not magically hold its strength until it bursts into flames, the more heat it has, the softer it becomes.

Rivits and welds are a weak point in any steel constructed building. The towers were not made from a single piece of tempered steel 110 stories tall. It was pieced together like tinker toys and relies on welds and rivits to hold the pieces together. Usually, the joined pieces are engineered to hold the stress. However, introduce heat and the force needed to overcome the stress and shear the support is significantly less than normal.

If you have an opportunity, watch a blacksmith size a shoe for a horse. Not a lot of heat is needed to made the adjustments. In fact too much heat will soften the steel so much that it will become too soft.

Steel is a great conductor of heat. I would suspect that the burning inside the WTC would have eventually caused the failure of several joints. Other joints which were softened by the heat needed very little force to fail. The towers collapse began at the point of impact (pretty good guess as to where to place explosives if you were going to bring a building down). The planes had to be flown exactly to the predetermined floor.

Wouldn't the impact and fires have destroyed the preset explosives?

I did notice a difference in the WTC7 and building demolition videos. The difference was that the WTC7 building was burning and had been burning for many hours prior to the collapse.

I have to rule out the more complicated theories presented by others because they ask me to ignore my experience and rely on a much less plausible theory.

~ Nick Batzdorf

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: