Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40181 - 06/10/04 08:11 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
 Quote:
(WAY better than Waves
But probably not way better than the Waves IR1 convolution reverb (which I haven't heard yet, since I don't have the impulses).

#40182 - 06/11/04 12:06 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Craigster Offline

Loc: Littleton, CO
Right - Samp's Room Sim and Waves Convolution Reverb are apparently comparable. The difference is -- with Samplitude, it's already included!

Magix gives out 60 MB of Impulse Responses with Samplitude. Jim Roseberry -StudioCat- sells more, and others are available from other sources.

Craig

#40183 - 06/11/04 05:47 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Craig, are you a Magix dealer? \:\)

#40184 - 06/21/04 08:26 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Craigster Offline

Loc: Littleton, CO
HA!

No way.
I don't sell anything (well, some used equipment here and there).
I record and mix from time to time. Right now, I'm working on a choral project for our church. 10 songs, 20-30 tracks per song.
I'm telling you -- it's all about "object editing" and the Room Simulator!
(I own Sonar and have used demos of Logic and Cubase a couple years ago. There's just no comparison...)

Craig

#40185 - 06/22/04 02:32 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
pichaga Offline

Quote:
Pro Tool's mixer looks like a toy compared to Samplitude's
Samplitude's mixer is the best and the most intuitive mixer. It's 5/1 mode is very good, with easy patching of the groups to the physical outputs of the audio interface.
 Quote:
The real-time room simulator provides access to the best of true acoustic room reverbs (WAY better than Waves and TC reverb plugs)
But probably not way better than the Waves IR1 convolution reverb
The principle behind the convolution reverbs is the same, and if you use the same impulse responses, the sound is simular. Only some advanced functions are different. I use FREE convolution reverb from the Russians - SIR, and free impulse responses from Lexicon 960 - the sound is very transparent and natural

#40186 - 06/22/04 05:05 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

That's probably true, but of course the impulses themselves *aren't* always available for different engines. I don't know whether Waves' are locked, but Altiverb's certainly are.

#40187 - 06/23/04 01:55 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
pichaga Offline

Waves has his own format for impulse responses - wir, but you can import wav files and get the responses from them. The free format for responses is wav, of course \:D There are many resourses in internet when you can get impulse responses.
But Craig said something else - that in Samplitude all these goodies are INSIDE the software, for no additional cost!! Room simulator, FFT noise reduction, multiband compressor - all is there. Waves now have IR, but this year, and for a lot of money. Samplitude have convolution processor 5 years ago, and inside the software. They were the first who built a multiband compressor-expander in a native software.
I,m not selling Samplitude ;\) , but it's great.

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: