Page 15 of 18 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40151 - 06/04/04 12:36 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
vincoprod Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: my own private Idaho
Once again Justin I have to call you out again for more of your mis information. In all the years of my dealing with DP and I have tons of freinds who use it. Not one of us have ever had problems with it crashing. We can also use about any plug we want save for blow tools own DINR, Amp farm and such. But we use stuff that blows those plugs away now.Have you even checked out UAD-1 or Altiverb? How about a VST wrapper ? I geuss none of these would work on your pute either.Do you know how to run and maintain a Mac.? All good questions If you cant run these programs on a G4 or later.The silliest reason in the world to move to a mac is to just run Pro tools TDM. Maybe you should go back to Windows. You have spent years l@@king at software. Instead you should learn how to use it.
DP = Pro
Forum admin. = Amatuer.

#40152 - 06/04/04 01:50 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
vincoprod Offline
Veteran Member

About all WWIII can hope is that its not a paper weight like M Box In a couple years.

#40153 - 06/04/04 03:08 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Michael M Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA
The interesting thing about this thread is that it started out about one person's choice and evolved into...whatever you call this exchange... here's to making good music on whatever system you're working on!

#40154 - 06/04/04 03:14 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
I'd love to continue this discussion with you Vinco but I'm kinda tired of your personal attacks. They're not necessary are they?

I use both Macs and PCs but much prefer Macs for multi-tracking. It's a better OS for audio (both 9 and X) virtually free of spyware and viruses if you want one reason.

Yes I have Altiverb which rocks.

It's well known DP4 had a slow rollout this year that didn't support many plugin's like Waves. I don't think MachFive's done that well either compared to NI's Kontact. Maybe that's changed, I haven't really followed it. Go on Vinco, educate us with your infinate wisdom...

#40155 - 06/04/04 03:32 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
vincoprod Offline
Veteran Member

Its not about out my wisdom. It's about yor inane comments. They are just plain un educated in my opinion. And I would call anyone else on this forum out for the kind of comments you have been making all these pages. By the way your wrong again. Waves runs just fine on OSX and DP4.

#40156 - 06/04/04 03:45 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Paul Colley Offline

Justin, as far as I know ALL of the Waves plugs work with DP as they always have. I own almost every Waves plug made. Also, my DP system runs very smoothly...crashing on my Mac is mostly with Internet Explorer on occassion. DP is great...on RARE occassion there may be a crash.

#40157 - 06/04/04 03:47 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Kontakt had a rough start on Macs too. The latest version 1.5.2 is very good, but before that it had some real problems. And the working version of Kompakt has only just come out.

#40158 - 06/04/04 09:40 PM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
TheHopiWay Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Washington State
DP had a rough start on OSX but with Panther and DP 4.12 it's come of age once again as the most flexible editing system in the world, the galaxy.....dare I say the multi-verse?
BTW; 3 crashes with ProTools 6.2 HD 192 today while working at a multi-million dollar facility. Zero at my place with DP 4.12 since Panther came out.
Go figure.

#40159 - 06/05/04 07:51 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Justin:
[QB]
It's well known DP4 had a slow rollout this year that didn't support many plugin's like Waves. I don't think MachFive's done that well either compared to NI's Kontact. Maybe that's changed, I haven't really followed it.

Justin, you're in the dark ages regarding DP. I'm using DP. DP4.12 with 6 NI soft synths, waves plugs, Spectrasonic plugs, Antares etc. It all works and now that it's all compatible, NEVER crashes. I'm using it for weeks. NEVER crashes.! And unintuitive? Are you thinking about it's audio editing features of 3 years ago. What do you mean? How could it be more intuitive? I like PT as well and mixed half an album recently on HD which I was pleased with, but you're way of base on what you think DP is about.

#40160 - 06/05/04 09:55 AM Re: Do I really need Pro Tools???
vincoprod Offline
Veteran Member

Hey Dan. We are lovin all the Spectrasonics, and NI stuff as well. Especially Trilogy, FM7, B4 and Pro 53. Have you picked up the Korg Legacy bundle yet? I know your a Oasys PCI guy which we are wearing out. Looking to pick up another. Any who, good luck with you crashy DP set up. :rolleyes:

Page 15 of 18 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: