Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3876 - 05/17/04 10:54 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
 Quote:
But nobody "stole" the election. That's just silly.
We'll never know. Maybe, maybe not. All your "liberal court" did was order a *recount.* It could have gone either way. The Supreme **** stepped in and stopped it, handing the country to the Peter Principle poster boy.

And puhleese don't tell me about the recounts that were staged later. They were bogus.

And Katherine whateverhername is...what a ****.

#3877 - 05/17/04 10:56 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
You're not even in the same league as Knife
That's about the worst insult I've ever read on this board! \:D

#3878 - 05/17/04 11:19 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
ManFriday Offline

Loc: St. Charles, IL
 Quote:
I guess it was pretty silly as well when hundreds of alleged felons were conveniently prevented from voting in the state
depends. I dont know what the state law is on allowing felons to vote.
It was also silly that the media called the election in florida for Gore before the polls had even closed, cuasing a great many folks in the panhandle area to head home. That area typically votes republican.

It was also silly that folks in wisconsin were buying votes from homeless people with cigarrets.
heh. this sort of thing could go on and on.

Quote:
All your "liberal court" did was order a *recount.* It could have gone either way.
No, I dont believe this is accurate. They had already had at least one recount, and were trying to do another when they ran out of time and Katherine Harris said "no, your time is up" the liberal supreme court said "screw the rules,, let them do thier recount. again."

didnt they do like 3 official recounts before someoen finaly said "enough"?

Quote:
And Katherine whateverhername is...what a ****.
ad hominem is pointless.

Quote:
So what. What point does this illustrate
A candidate almost always carries his home state. Even his folks back home didnt want him.

#3879 - 05/17/04 11:35 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
 Quote:
depends. I dont know what the state law is on allowing felons to vote.

It was also silly that folks in wisconsin were buying votes from homeless people with cigarrets.
You're right, that is silly, probably useless as well, unlike the prevention of legal voters from excersizing their right by claiming they are felons. That was definitely not silly.

Quote:
So what. What point does this illustrate
 Quote:
A candidate almost always carries his home state. Even his folks back home didnt want him. [/QB]
Yet more than half the country's population voted for him.

#3880 - 05/17/04 11:39 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Fieryjack Offline

Loc: New York
Nick Batzdorf wrote:
 Quote:
"Device found in Iraq with sarin gas"

That's your WMD?! Some wanker with a tiny bomb?!

I hate to be insulting, but you are *gullible.*
Hey Nick:

Did you read the article? My guess is that a CNN journalist might have a little more information than you. If you did read it, you would have noticed the following paragraph:

"The general said the Iraqi Survey Group, headed by Charles Duelfer, would determine if the shell's discovery indicated Saddam possessed chemical weapons before the U.S. invasion last year. Officials in Washington said another shell -- this one containing mustard gas -- was found 10 days ago in Iraq."

Here is the CDC's definition of Sarin:

"Sarin is a human-made chemical warfare agent classified as a nerve agent. Nerve agents are the most toxic and rapidly acting of the known chemical warfare agents. They are similar to certain kinds of pesticides (insect killers) called organophosphates in terms of how they work and what kind of harmful effects they cause. However, nerve agents are much more potent than organophosphate pesticides."

Would you be comfortable writing it off to "some wanker with a tiny bomb" if Sarin was found in your neighborhood? Somehow I doubt it. Your post is ignorant, and clearly your ability to reconcile important facts is questionable. Er, your likely explanation is that it's either a) a set-up by the coalition or b) an irresponsible or uninformed journalist. Prove me wrong.

#3881 - 05/17/04 11:53 AM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Knife Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New York
Bite me, Nick!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ynghermes:
Knife,

I don't know where to get the 'blacks legal dicitionary'... I got mine from a benifactor many years ago.

Now, don't forget I used two words there, can't remember the numbers. And yes there are three key words and you got the third one. So the prez (may) need some other approuval?
No. It says "he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments,...

That means he may ask for the opinion. He may require it, of them. It is not the President's requirement. It is a requirement that he MAY place on the executive officers.

Get it?

Quote:
Dosn't that in itself disagree with your point? How can he be in charge if he might need other approuval?
No. He doesn't need other approval.

It's simple. He MAY require others to give him opinions. There is NOTHING in there about needing approval, or anything like that.

Quote:
My intention was, and is, to get more to read them, so were both on the same page there. and YOU LOOKED IT UP! Cool, dude, can I call you that? ;-)
You can "call me" on the fact that I looked up the speciic text of Article II of the Constitution to C&P in here. That I don't just have in my head (although I do recall key words). Other than that, I really do kind of know this stuff cold.

Quote:
In closing, Knife, you haven't convinced me of anything yet, though, I will entertain any valid point relating to my calling out ;-). From there we can go to one of yours, if you like.
Like I said, previously:

Quote:
1)
 Quote:
Prove me wrong, show me where the prez was comander AND chief before Lincon was shot.
Followed by:

2)
 Quote:
U.S. Constitution
U.S. Constitution: Article II

Section 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States;...
DOH!!!!

Squirm all you want around tortured attempts to redefine the word "may." The fact remains, you made a simple, direct challenge - and you were directly and simply proven wrong.
Again, you posited a direct challenge and you were directly proven wrong.

The President has ALWAYS BEEN the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, since the inception of the Constitution.

Have you taken my advice and looked into the "war powers" debate? It doesn't seem you have.

What has changed a bit over the years, however - beginning with Lincoln's commmiting troops and navy ships to southern ports without a formal declaration of war - has been to what extent the President has the power/authority to commit troops without seeking the "advice and consent" of Congress in a formal declaration of war.

Again, I suggest you look into that SPECIFIC debate before pronouncing something like:

Quote:
When Lincon was assanated the government gave the army to the prez, now hess called the commander and chief,...
Again, that is INCORRECT.

The President has ALWAYS BEEN the Commander in Chief. There has been no change in that.

#3882 - 05/17/04 01:16 PM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Actually, Fiery, I did read the article. That's how I can tell you're desperate to justify your pro-war position.

This one spells it out clearly:

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040517_1180.html

"It was unclear if the sarin shell was from chemical rounds that the United Nations had tagged and marked for destruction before the U.S. invasion.

Prior to the war, U.N. inspectors had compiled a short list of proscribed items found during hundreds of surprise inspections: fewer than 20 old, empty chemical warheads for battlefield rockets, and a dozen artillery shells filled with mustard gas. The shells had been tagged by U.N. inspectors in the 1990s but somehow not destroyed by them.

Kay, who led a U.S. team hunting for weapons, said it appears that the shell was one of tens of thousands produced for the Iran-Iraq war, which Saddam was supposed to destroy or turn over to the United Nations. In many cases, he said, Iraq did comply.

"It is hard to know if this is one that just was overlooked and there were always some that were overlooked, we knew that or if this was one that came from a hidden stockpile," Kay said. "I rather doubt that because it appears the insurgents didn't even know they had a chemical round."

While Saturday's explosion does demonstrate that Saddam hadn't complied fully with U.N. resolutions, Kay also said, "It doesn't strike me as a big deal."

#3883 - 05/17/04 01:29 PM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

And I wouldn't even want a bb gun going off in my neighborhood, never mind a bomb rigged with sarin. How does that justify a war that should never have happened?

At the time I actually did believe he had WMDs. Why would our government lie? I was still completely opposed to this war, for several reasons (starting with the very concept of a pre-emptive war being *insane*).

As far as WMDs, though, let's say Saddam had had them. What was preventing him from using them on us? Answer: the threat of overwhelming retaliation. But he was getting the retaliation anyway! That kind of takes away the motivation.

Fortunately that didn't happen, but it still won't change anything when they mysteriously dig up a bunch chemicals in late October.

#3884 - 05/17/04 03:06 PM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
TheHopiWay Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Washington State
 Quote:
Originally posted by ManFriday:
If Hillary ever becomes president maybe we can get a bulk rate on tickets out of the country. ;\)
Count me out.
This just might become a nicer place to live if Hillary was President....

#3885 - 05/17/04 06:56 PM Re: I don't mean to get political but...
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
Nick , you need to start your own forum, seems like you live for this type endless debate thread which has nothing to do whis website.

Do yall really read these posts? Must be the kind of people who actually watch survivor and vote on it, also the type that paint the large rocks on their front yard silver. Yeah Elvis is still alive, saw him in a sauser not long ago... :p

Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: