Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#26298 - 10/05/01 08:44 AM Cubase/DP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all,
Is anyone out there using both Cubase and Digital Performer and can give me his two cents on both programs? A friend who uses Cubase has offered to help with the learning curve if I buy Cubase v 5.0. I would not get as much human resource type help if I get DP v 3.0 I want to use midi and audio tracks and my impression is that they are both good programs. Is the human resource factor worth tipping the scales in favour of Cubase?

New topic: (sorry) Motu 828 and the Motu 2408. Is it true that the convertors are noticeably better in the 828? I don't really need to keep all 3 adats and I understand that that is the major difference between the two units - the 828 being able to connect one Adat only via lightpipe. BTW I've been to every health professional I can regarding my tinnitus and am fighting the depression that comes with hearing ringing 24 hours a day. I'm asking these questions because I refuse to let the ringing in my ears control my life. Protect your ears - may be too late for me! Thanks.
CB

#26299 - 10/05/01 08:18 PM Re: Cubase/DP
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
Hi Carl,

Sorry about those ears.

I don't know much about Cubase but I can say that I'm a very satisfied DP user. I think it's a powerful, easy to learn(relatively that is) program great for audio/midi work. There however may be better programs for you if you do a lot of dance (i.e. music with many repitive sections) music. Cubase may be one of them.

The outstanding difference between the 828 and 2408 is that the 828 is not expandable. It's a closed system, and plugs into your USB port.

Dan

#26300 - 10/06/01 06:53 AM Re: Cubase/DP
Eric Seaberg Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
Carl, I've been a Performer user (not DP) since version 2 and even though I have Sonic Solutions DAWs at work, I'm thinking of getting a 'DP' type system at home. DP is a great program and, for me at least, would have a MINIMAL learning curve since it's a lot like Performer.

However, I've been looking at others, too. An engineer friend of mine that had Sonic Solutions as well unloaded all of it an purchased Logic Audio Platinum... he LOVES it. You could still use it with MOTU hardware, or DigiDesign hardware, or any one else's hardware. I've also been looking at Nuendo from Steinberg.

There's a lot of programs out there, and as much as I'm a big fan of MOTU and Performer, I'm shopping.

... food for thought.

------------------
ERIC SEABERG • San Diego, CA
eseaberg@home.com

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: