Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#146759 - 03/31/18 10:56 PM Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII?
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
I'm thinking of getting a DA7, it's been about 10 years since I had a couple of them. Can anyone fill me in again on what the difference between the MKI and the MKII are?

#146760 - 04/03/18 07:17 AM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: sscannon]
Brent Offline

Loc: Michigan
Whelp... guess it's up to me smile As far as I know Sean, the only diff between MKI and MKII was a few updated operational routines along with Hui implementation. Aside from that, they're identical I believe.

#146761 - 04/03/18 09:35 AM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: Brent]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Thanks Brent! I remember seeing a list of what was new with the upgrade somewhere, but I don't see it. HUI would be nice, plus I kinda remember graphical updates to EQ and gate displays or something like that.

If anyone has a DA7 for sale, please let me know.

#146763 - 04/24/18 08:18 AM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: sscannon]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Picked up a DA7 cheap, mint condition. Loving it!!!

#146764 - 05/01/18 11:58 AM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: sscannon]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
Wow, it's been sooooo long. Glad you're still out there Sean! Checking out your cool Mixing the Band site - awesome stuff.

I still have my DA7 but doing something new with it. I put it on a keyboard stand (this one to be exact: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I5QTQI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

and moved it close to my Mapex Drum kit. I made a snake using stretchy nylon wire tubing with 4 - 25 ft toslink cables and a 25 ft. word clock cable. Now I have 16 preamps close to my drum kit and can work up a pretty good tracking setup when I'm by myself. Sometimes I'll track with the DA7's compressors/gates/eqs if I'm feeling that.

Cheers and wishing you well old friend!

#146765 - 06/18/18 01:43 PM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: Justin]
MikeH Offline

Hi all - very cool to find a community of WR-DA7 users. Just wanted to say hello and that I'm joining you - my first WR-DA7 comes in two days and I'm excited. The plan currently is to fill it with ADAT cards and hook it up to a Digiface USB - I am also hoping to use TR 2 IN as a single stereo S/PDIF input from the digital out channel on a Roland MX-1, I'll post on my levels of success when it all comes later in the week..

The reason I found this place is I was hoping to find some copies of the PC software that was intended to run with the WR-DA7 plugged into a serial port. Someone pointed me at the DA7 Resources link above, but the page seems to be dead. Anyone with a copy of the software/drivers feel like helping me out?

#146767 - 06/27/18 08:25 AM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: MikeH]
Brent Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi Mike. If you do some poking around old posts, think you'll find most who tried this software were very disappointed. Buggy, crashy and required some very strict guidelines to run. One being a 20 year old, win 98 op system computer. I don't recall anyone having luck with it from XP on up. Can't remember if it was offered for Mac but if so, can't imagine the end result was any better.
Nutshell, it was never ready for prime time and that's where the ball was dropped.

#146792 - 10/18/18 01:38 PM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: Brent]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

So since I posted this I picked up a second DA7 and I'm in the process of tandem'ing them together. Pretty cool to get back on this board after using a bazillion others for the last 10 years. It feels good and sounds great.

I have a copy of MAX for Windows, and an old XP machine, I may try to get it going just so I can see all the EQs at once, just for fun. We'll see.

#146793 - 10/23/18 10:24 PM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: sscannon]
Dr aw Offline

Hello everyone, i just found this forum. I bought my da7 last year for pretty cheap. I'm running windows 7, hdsp 9652, presonus studio pro. I have very little knowledge of mixing boards etc. After hours of installing and clicking buttons ive got it to finally record 16 channels. I believe my board is still using 1.xx and wonder where to get the cable to update the firmware to hopefully use hui. I'm glad to see this community still exists. I have soooo many other questions about this dinosaur.cheers!

#146794 - 10/23/18 10:25 PM Re: Thinking of getting a DA7 - MKI or MKII? [Re: sscannon]
Dr aw Offline

Where can one find this,software. My hammerfall totalmix seems to do nothing

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: