Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#146296 - 05/06/14 10:06 AM Re: DA-7 Cooling Fan Update - Is This Still of Interest? [Re: rick]
Craig H Offline

Loc: Boston,MA
Thanks for the info but We already tried a couple of rectifier diodes inserted on the power supply and that didn't seem to work even when flipped around . Already ordered a step down regulator for a few few bucks and should have that by the end of the week and will see if that does anything to solve it.

#146709 - 07/17/17 07:00 PM Re: DA-7 Cooling Fan Update - Is This Still of Interest? [Re: Knife]
ShaneC Offline

I realize this is an old thread, but is proabably valid now more than ever.

I just ordered an evercool fan https://www.directron.com/ec6010m05ca.html?gsear=1
and replaced it in a malfunctioning Da7; displayed "fan stop" error message.

After replacing it I wired up the red/red green/black & grey/blue, which ran the fan for a second with same error message. I then rewired to red/red green/blue and grey/black. No error message and Da7 runs fine, except without the fan running. Left it on playing music for about 40 minutes without heating it up enough to activate fan. Noticed on my other Da7 the fan is always on. Although there are three leads, I noticed that the evercool specs show it doesn't have PWM.

Any suggestions??

#146723 - 09/22/17 12:58 PM Re: DA-7 Cooling Fan Update - Is This Still of Interest? [Re: ShaneC]
Sugarnutz Offline

Loc: Just South of Memphis
I just ordered the last pair of Shicoh fans from Amazon. Will post again if I use them and any other info when I can.

#146730 - 11/09/17 06:07 PM Re: DA-7 Cooling Fan Update - Is This Still of Interest? [Re: Sugarnutz]
ShaneC Offline

I noticed the Shicoh on Amazon and found the exact same 2pin versions on Ebay. Ordered two and modified one with the original fan (which had coil damage). Due to the micro size components and PCB, this was not an easy fix. I had to de-solder 2 resistors, a transistor, and speed control lead, and then solder onto replacement fan PCB.

https://www.amazon.com/Shicoh-Blade-60mm...8055&sr=8-4

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SFcAAOSwSQFZ6LwU/s-l400.png

Edited by ShaneC (11/27/17 03:48 PM)

#146847 - 02/12/20 05:32 PM Re: DA-7 Cooling Fan Update - Is This Still of Interest? [Re: mlange]
glvaughan Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, Az, USA
Wow, so glad to find this old thread because my old DA7 fan is starting to squawk and I couldn't find anything to replace with. Once again, this forum is a gem for those of us still using the DA7.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: