Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#146498 - 07/03/15 12:46 AM No sound to chan's or signal to LR Master after dead battery
clegs Offline

Loc: Woodland Hills, CA, USA
HD24 is sending and DA7 chan meters are receiving, but no sound to channels, and no meter signal or sound to LR master meter after battery went dead. Lost all stored mixes and setting. Punched up channels, etc. (everything was off and zeroed out), but can't get any sound. My computer two track mixes play no problem, so the LR output works. I believe I'm missing some set up setting, but can't find it. I've been away from the DA7 for years now and I'm just relearning, and maybe be missing something simple. Any suggestions?
PS - Will change the battery this weekend.

#146499 - 07/03/15 11:07 AM Re: No sound to chan's or signal to LR Master after dead battery [Re: clegs]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
Are your channels still assigned to L/R outputs?
Try sending them to groups too - did they appear on meters there?

#146500 - 07/04/15 04:05 PM Re: No sound to chan's or signal to LR Master after dead battery [Re: Joe Lepore]
clegs Offline

Loc: Woodland Hills, CA, USA
Joe, you are my hero. It was the L/R Assigns on the individual channels. Stupid, basic error. It had been so long since I set up the board from scratch for my configuration, that this just didn't occur to me. Also, the D-I/O section thru me a bit too, but I think I got it right.

Of course, it'll all have to be reset when I pwr down to replace the battery. I'm going to post another question on the location of the battery. Please look for it, and perhaps you can answer that for me too. Cheers.

#146682 - 12/25/16 11:42 PM Re: No sound to chan's or signal to LR Master after dead battery [Re: clegs]
Dark Star Balla Offline

Loc: Chicago Bizurbz
Clegs, I replaced my battery also I'm getting sound in based on the meter readings but no sound out (via Rec Out) tho the . I went thru each channel made sure LR is selected but I have to missing something?

#146683 - 12/26/16 01:06 AM Re: No sound to chan's or signal to LR Master after dead battery [Re: Dark Star Balla]
Dark Star Balla Offline

Loc: Chicago Bizurbz
I actually get sound from the Master Out but not Rec Out, Monitors A/B.

#146722 - 09/18/17 04:29 PM Re: No sound to chan's or signal to LR Master after dead battery [Re: Dark Star Balla]
Sugarnutz Offline

Loc: Just South of Memphis
Digging my DA7 out for recording a live gig into Pro Tools while mixing FOH & mons from it also. Had planned to change the battery out beforehand, so this is a refresher for me. Thanx a bunch!

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: