Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137796 - 04/29/10 05:06 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: olguitar]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
I've come to the conclusion that we're missing the point, olguitar. It's not about Apple or their products, it's about Mark enjoying getting a rise out of suckers like me. That's why he ignores reason; everyone who likes anything Apple makes is a Swaggart zombie.

#137797 - 04/29/10 05:39 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
Just for the record, the lack of Flash support isn't a "bug" or "feature for version 2" - it is a deliberate move on Apple's part to not allow it on "their" device. Plain and simple.

As long as they can dictate what is "allowed" to run on their device, they can never be thought of as full machines. They are devices that you lease from Apple for a crazy price - kinda like buying a townhome and then having to listen to an association tell you what color door mat you must have. I never understood people that would put up with that either.

I find it interesting that nobody seriously tries to run Mac OS on a Windows PC (yes, I know all about hackintosh), but at least half of the Mac people I know have to run XP on it, or carry a second machine.

There's already a lot of things a Mac can't do ... and this machine is even MORE stripped down.

#137798 - 04/29/10 05:44 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Joe Lepore]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Of course this machine is stripped down. So is an iPhone. It's not pretending to be anything else. That doesn't mean I'm running out to buy one or that I don't wish it had Flash - I'm just saying.

But what can't a Mac do? OS X is an excellent operating system at this point, and their hardware is very competitive. The 27" iMac is a gorgeous piece of design, for example.

#137799 - 04/29/10 05:56 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Joe Lepore]
Mark Kluth Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, Hawaii
Jonathan W. Seybold, the "Father of Desktop Publishing", offers up his "insider" analysis of Steve Jobs' insane feud against Adobe:

This Guy Was Actually THERE

Who does Jobs think he's fooling? Everybody knows why there's no Flash on the iPad - because he's throwing the world's biggest decades-long hissy fit.

magical!

#137800 - 04/29/10 07:03 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Mark Kluth]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
So, If someone loses something, isn't it lost?

If you are walking down the street and find something and pick it up, the good Samaritan thing may be to find an owner.. but is it a criminal offense not to return it?

Jeff

Yahoo News

#137801 - 04/29/10 08:43 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: olguitar]
TheHopiWay Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Washington State
Just watched the Stewart clip on the link that was posted.
The title of the link is rather disingenuous in that it's quite apparent Jon is still a fan of Apple.

After some research I've decided to buy an I-pad for my wife. She only needs something to check email with and do some browsing. Since it's not flash compatible I won't need to install extra software to block all the annoying flash animation that IMO is close to ruining the online experience.

#137805 - 04/29/10 10:14 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: TheHopiWay]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Jeff, this mofo found a phone at a bar that didn't belong to him. He knew exactly what it was and sought out Gizmodo, who paid him $5000 for something that didn't belong to him. The prick at Gizmodo took apart a prototype that didn't belong to him and proceeded to broadcast Apple's proprietary trade secrets all over the fricking internet.

There's no law in this country against being an asshole, but if this isn't illegal then it sure as hell should be.

And you're wrong. The owner of the phone is still the owner of the phone even if he leaves it at a bar by mistake.

#137808 - 04/29/10 11:50 PM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
Nick, relax... I didn't say he was in the right. I know they knew what they had.. obviously they were working it and the right thing to do is to return something someone has lost.

I am just asking If its a criminal offense. And.. something worthy of criminal investigation.. the schmo did LOSE it after all.

#137814 - 04/30/10 07:17 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: Jeff E]
olguitar Offline

Loc: minnesota
Even a direct question remains unanswered by Kluth. How can you take such a person seriously? I give up. There is no dialog with the guy. He'll rant whether anyone is listening or not.

#137816 - 04/30/10 10:29 AM Re: Happy iPad Day [Re: olguitar]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Jeff, I wasn't tense, I was just splaynin you.

Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: