Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136478 - 02/02/10 03:15 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! ***** [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Knife
And if you had read my post, you would know that I had mentioned the Republican party, as the undeniable key element in our political system that would like to undo Obama.

I thought you were saying that I was referring to that. I wasn't, although I agree with you on that.

I'm not sure if you're trying to say there is some other "machine" that is more organized, well-funded or in more direct opposition to his having the Presidency, but if you are, I'd say that's kind of silly (and ask you to let us know who/what you think that is).

I'm not saying it's a different machine, I am saying they are pushing harder against Obama because, unlike Bush, Obama is targeting them (insurance companies, Wall St, banks, corporations, etc.), while Bush and Cheney did not, they fed the machine by starting 2 wars and making deals with big money (military reconstruction, oil, corporate tax breaks, etc.).

Also, unlike Bush and Clinton, Obama is black. That right there opens the door to racism that Bush and Clinton didn't have to deal with. That might be looked at as some "other machine", but regardless, racism is affecting politics and hampering Obama.

that's the nature of politics in America.

Ain't that the truth. And the problem.

And FWIW, I can't think of a President that took more of a national lambasting in the press, on Capitol Hill, the opposition party and in public opinion than George W. Bush.

He did, deservedly, get criticized. Those guys were crooks and war criminals. But again, it's over the top right now, and has swung the other way. It was "fear of terror", now it's "fear of our President".

Bin Laden won't need another attack. He already won by getting us into Afghanistan and the subsequent recession.

#136479 - 02/03/10 12:49 AM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: sscannon]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
Originally Posted By: sscannon

Also, unlike Bush and Clinton, Obama is black. That right there opens the door to racism that Bush and Clinton didn't have to deal with. That might be looked at as some "other machine", but regardless, racism is affecting politics and hampering Obama.

IMHO, If Obama wasn't a black guy, he would never make it to the WH (or the US Senate). Period.

#136482 - 02/03/10 08:27 AM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Kecinzer]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
You are joking right?

#136483 - 02/03/10 08:29 AM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Kecinzer]
TheHopiWay Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Washington State
Originally Posted By: Kecinzer

IMHO, If Obama wasn't a black guy, he would never make it to the WH (or the US Senate). Period.

BuIIshit.

After Bush, Satan could have run against McCain/Palin and won.

#136491 - 02/03/10 02:12 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: TheHopiWay]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Frankly I'm surprised to see you post something that bizarre, Josef.

The guy is one of most exciting, charismatic personalities to come along in years - whether or not you agree with him. Didn't you see his speech at the 2004 DNC? That's what brought him to the national stage *in spite of* his being black.

There's no question that other factors came into play too - he and McCain were tied until the economy went down the toilet, for example - but you're missing a huge part of the picture if you think it's just because he's black. And that's putting it charitably.

#136492 - 02/03/10 06:25 PM Re: OT: Oh yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
Sorry guys, this thread is gettin' too long. Locked. Not saying you can't talk about it, just put in a different thread and try not to rattle on endlessly. Political posts are supposed to be occasional, this is primarily an audio forum.

Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: