Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136137 - 01/20/10 11:05 AM Re: OT: Yes, we can! ***** [Re: Jeff E]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Incumbent parties lose when the economy sucks. It goes no deeper than that.

This is a total disaster, though. As Bill Maher says, do we really need the Senate?

#136138 - 01/20/10 12:44 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
Yeah funny how the 3 branches of the Government are suppose to work.. Makes it so one side of culture cannot fully run rough shod over the other side..

#136139 - 01/20/10 12:59 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Jeff E]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

I didn't say we should get rid of the House of Representatives, which is based on population, just the Senate in which a handful of imbeciles in central Massachusetts get a chance to ruin life for all of us. Worse, we just saw two individual fartheads - Joe Lieberman and Ben Nelson - weaken the healthcare bill drastically, one because he's an anti-abortion freak and the other because he has a personal vendetta. That's hardly a balance of power.

And that's what the purpose of the three branches of government is - a balance of power to prevent anyone from gaining too much power. It's not what you say about "one side of culture."

By the way, calling conservatism "culture" is a heinous abuse of the English language. It's not true that their side deserves an equal voice, because everything they believe is wrong.

#136140 - 01/20/10 01:00 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

I wasn't entirely serious about getting rid of the Senate either, by the way.

Just the Republican party.

#136142 - 01/20/10 01:19 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Originally Posted By: Nick Batzdorf
I wasn't entirely serious about getting rid of the Senate either, by the way.

Just the Republican party.

Haha... well at least you are predictable.. If you can get rid of them then at least you can be angry with only one party. Will make your work load lighter.. :-)

#136143 - 01/20/10 01:30 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

And that's what the purpose of the three branches of government is - a balance of power to prevent anyone from gaining too much power. It's not what you say about "one side of culture."

But the government is made up of people that represent our differing cultures. And when one side gets too much power, the other side reels it back in. Correct?

By the way, calling conservatism "culture" is a heinous abuse of the English language. It's not true that their side deserves an equal voice, because everything they believe is wrong.

Of course conservatives have culture .. Its just not yours. I really hope that you are not this cynical and grumpy in real life. I hope you have some fun once in a while.

So, let me get this straight... you think that all conservatives (any one right of your way of thinking) are "FARTHEADS" and that "everything they believe is wrong?"

Seriously?? Everything??

If that is the case, and it seems that it is, What in your world view should be done to those with such views to prevent their influence on the rest of society?

Obviously you feel that they are unworthy of a voice...

#136144 - 01/20/10 01:35 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Jeff E]
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
I wish for anyone who opposed health care reform to have need to buy it on the open market one day and awaken from your lovely cacoons.

Ironic that a state with health care reform law killed it for the rest of the country.
Thanks MA!

#136145 - 01/20/10 01:56 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Dan Weiss]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Quote:
Of course conservatives have culture .. Its just not yours.

I didn't say they don't. What I said is that conservatism isn't a culture, it's the opposite of culture.

Quote:
I really hope that you are not this cynical and grumpy in real life. I hope you have some fun once in a while.

Nope. I have no fun, and I really am this cynical and grumpy.

Quote:
Seriously?? Everything??

It's not just my opinion, it's fact. All conservatives suck whale dingus.

#136146 - 01/20/10 02:46 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
80% of us don't give a flying banana about any particular party. We care about the country first. Unfortunately 10% on each side are the loud ideological asses who drive wedges into our society.

Dan, Mass Health is an experiment turning into a massive disaster. The state is rising taxes left and right and this stupid thing is still 85% over budget!

There must be a better way! So let's find it. Personally I think we should take baby steps towards the reform – start with issues that everyone can agree upon and are within our budget – and then move forward to the next step. Reps and Independents offered their ideas, but the Dem leaders just want to have it their way or noway. Too bad ... 'coz I think our health care needs a serious improvement.

Before the August recess Obama was shouting that he will sit down with anyone having any questions about his plan – and go over the bill "line-by-line" ..... there were many attempts made from physicians and congressmen to take him up on the offer, and the WH didn't even acknowledged their mail. What a sad state of governing. What a joke.

#136147 - 01/20/10 03:01 PM Re: OT: Yes, we can! [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Kecinzer Offline
Founding Member

Loc: MA, USA
As Bill Maher says, do we really need the Senate?

Maher ... what a great thinker. Self-indulgent prig.

Yeah ... and the other imbecile Danny Glover, claims that the Haiti earthquake happened because of the man-made global warming.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: