Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133613 - 08/20/09 11:48 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: sscannon]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
 Originally Posted By: sscannon

Another question brought up is how can the private insurance companies compete with a public option that has the backing of the gov't and lower operating costs? My question back is who cares? Why do we need private insurance companies at all? Why are the benefits of universal health care less important than insurance company profits?

EXACTLY .... and exactly why these insurance companies are spending tons of OUR money to try to preserve what they got.

It's simple .. they are FOR PROFIT - that is the end. Don't get to thinking they give a rats ass about the people .... there's a good enough supply of them.

#133615 - 08/21/09 02:01 AM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Kecinzer]
JohnH Offline

Loc: west coast
Bless you and your pension.
I ain't got one and my health insurance premiums go up sharply each year.

I don't have an axe to grind.
I think the Pubs and Dems are both full of it.

I just want to be able to have competent medical care for my family.
If this goes on unchanged, it will become unaffordable.

#133618 - 08/21/09 10:20 AM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: JohnH]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
I'm locking this thread, not because it's not a good topic, but because it's just gotten too damn long. I think we've said quite a bit on it, so for now, I'd suggest we go back to audio topics though I won't restrict posts like this as long as they don't get out of hand.

Page 17 of 17 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: