Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133586 - 08/19/09 02:30 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Dan Weiss]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
Well its not forced retirement. But wasnt that what it was originally designed for to get folks 65 and older out of the work force to make room for the younger workers because of the baby boomers?

as far as paying the local Doc to look at you.. Its almost impossible to do that because of contractual agreements. ITs like the Insurance companies lock them all up.

and thanks for the well wishes for my wife. She is hanging in there..

J

Edited by Jeff E (08/19/09 02:33 PM)

#133587 - 08/19/09 03:52 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Jeff E]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
It's forced retirement *savings* - supplemental savings. If it were forced retirement, you wouldn't get more money the longer you wait to collect!

And "forced" makes it sound negative. It's not, it's entirely positive.

By the way, my 94-year-old mother-in-law is in a nursing home. I'd sure hate to have to come up with thousands of dollars a month for that - and for all her healthcare. Thank goodness for Medicare.

#133589 - 08/19/09 04:04 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida
Tom De-lay wants to privatize Medicare instead of a public option. Good think he is all set!

#133596 - 08/19/09 06:40 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Dan Weiss]
ynghermes Offline
Founding Member

Nick, come on.... Dude, you are going way over the top here. America is not the world and there are millions of people, not just here, that are starving right now, how is this ploy to take more of our rights away going to fix that???????? It is not, only add to it. You are way to tied to the system to even see the box your putting yourself into.

In America 36,000 die from the flu every year, so far like 200 from this desigener strain, there is no vacine for it, BUT there is a cocktail of three shots, that they 'think' will handle it. Or kill more than half who take it - thanks obamma, that is really looking out for us, you truly are our saviour, our great oreo hope, the one who bailed out the big companies and let us decline. Dem or rep, does not matter, at this point, same team, like offence and defence for any team, it is still the same team and it is corrupt, not in our best interest since Prescot bush, father of the other two, who was brought up on treason charges from WWII and his ties to Hitler. Your just not getting it, or your the the ringer.

Another thing, if you think there is not going to be a bill for your 94 Y.O., you really are not in touch. They come after anything they can get after they die, I know first hand. Also my dad was in one of those old people death camps to the tune of 7K a month, I/we paid for it and I am so glad we did. I would have much more prefered to continue as his primary care giver but my siblings out voted me because it interfeared with my music so much, it really didn't except for road gigs.

Looking to benifits from military and SS and union ret. funds is how we have become so complacent. If you truly do what you love, you'll never have trouble with that kind of stuff.

Why are you so scared, Nick? Fear will make you sick.

And why will you not answer any of 'MY' questions?

You attack then go to another facit of the topic and 'try' another from there, try being a little more accountable - please \:\)

#133597 - 08/19/09 07:36 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: ynghermes]
Doggn' Mike H Offline

Originally Posted By: ynghermes
In America 36,000 die from the flu every year, so far like 200 from this desigener strain, there is no vacine for it, BUT there is a cocktail of three shots, that they 'think' will handle it. Or kill more than half who take it - thanks obamma, that is really looking out for us, you truly are our saviour, our great oreo hope, the one who bailed out the big companies and let us decline. Dem or rep, does not matter, at this point, same team, like offence and defence for any team, it is still the same team and it is corrupt, not in our best interest since Prescot bush, father of the other two, who was brought up on treason charges from WWII and his ties to Hitler. Your just not getting it, or your the the ringer.

wow. you might want to consider a healthcare option for mental illness. dude, this is about the stupidest thing i have ever read on the internet. really. you win.

#133598 - 08/19/09 10:27 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Doggn' Mike H]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
AAAAHHHH Obama just made a tornado appear in my home town! Maybe the republicans are right - he is a witch! He certainly didn't prevent it! He was trying to eliminate more people from health care by killing them a city at a time! Watch out ... he's going to send his 'death tornado's' to your town next. can't you see all the hurricanes he ordered that are moving in on the United States? Bush never did that (don't look it up - trust me) ... see the sky really IS falling.

This really is getting better than the comedy channel now.

#133599 - 08/19/09 10:50 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: ynghermes]
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA

Looking to benifits from military and SS and union ret. funds is how we have become so complacent. If you truly do what you love, you'll never have trouble with that kind of stuff.

Exactly how is a union pension making us complacent? I love playing music, and recording it. But I know very well that at a certain point gigs will be few if any(in such an age biased business), and mixing will be tough without good hearing ability. Thank heavens I'll have my pension and SS. I know I won't be a starving musician when I'm old. I work hard for those pension contributions and they're part of my compensation, just like income. I don't understand this comment.

#133600 - 08/20/09 12:41 AM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Dan Weiss]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
"Why are you so scared, Nick? Fear will make you sick.

And why will you not answer any of 'MY' questions?"

I'm only scared by what you say. It's pretty far out there, frankly.

#133608 - 08/20/09 09:30 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
ynghermes Offline
Founding Member

By giving our atonimy to some one else, that is how pensions make us complacent, the "thank heavens I'll have" totally locks us/you into it. Now you want to protect it, chip, chip, but you can't get exactly what you want, chip, chip.

I'm not saying I don't get royilties and I'm not against any form, but we also gotta understand what you give up for them.

Lets put it this way, would any of you want ME to be in charge of your future? If the answer is no, how big of a strech is it to someone else controlling your future you do not know? How are they going to be any better?

Nick I think that is two questions you answered - thank you...

I should scare you, I'm glad. To bad it is for all the wrong reasons.

My Khunt, need I say more? On your knees bit ch!

#133611 - 08/20/09 11:06 PM Re: OT:Conformity is now the new dissent - Community Organizer wants to organize us all. [Re: ynghermes]
sscannon Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Florida

Lets put it this way, would any of you want ME to be in charge of your future? If the answer is no, how big of a strech is it to someone else controlling your future you do not know?

I'm not sure I understand this with regard to the public health care issue. The insurance companies already are in charge of our future health care. They cover what they want, they charge what they want. It would just provide a choice.

Another question brought up is how can the private insurance companies compete with a public option that has the backing of the gov't and lower operating costs? My question back is who cares? Why do we need private insurance companies at all? Why are the benefits of universal health care less important than insurance company profits?

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: