Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132093 - 06/12/09 12:20 PM OT: Meat
Jazzmo
Unregistered

Do yourself a favor, try an experiment, stop eating meat of any kind, including fish for 1 week. It's my 4th day and I have not felt better in a long time.

My metabolism is so much more "relaxed". Sleep better, over all feel in better health.

#132096 - 06/12/09 03:26 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: ]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
I doubt it's specifically because you're not eating meat that you feel better, Jeremy. Nutrition is more complicated than that!

It could be that you're not eating *fatty* meat, that you're eating less in general, that you're eating something else good/not eating something else bad...

I'm not a nutritionist, I don't know what your regular diet is, and for that matter I don't know whether you have some unique sensitivity to meat. But my nutritionist has nothing against lean meat in general, in fact she was almost annoyed that I only eat chicken (no skin) and fish.

#132100 - 06/12/09 07:07 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
My Nutritionist says "balance" to me all the time. She says we need all the parts in balance - We need the fats and the proteins. She also stresses to not eat as much at a meal and instead spread them out and eat 6 times a day. She stresses fresh fruit and veggies and really hits on not eating anything that has been processed at all. The fewer steps between the farmer and us the better.

#132101 - 06/12/09 07:07 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
mlange Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Brentwood, TN
If you can't tell what it is (or was originally) by looking at it, you might want to reconsider eating it.

#132109 - 06/13/09 03:03 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: mlange]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

"We need the fats and the proteins"

Absolutely, the good fats. That's why it's a good idea to eat lean meat rather than lots of animal fat, and why I don't eat the skin when I eat chicken (it's the fatty part).

For an example of good fat, I was assigned hard cheese from Switzerland, because the cows are fed grass there rather than corn. One of my eyebrows is raised about that, but I do follow it like a good boy anyway. \:\)

#132111 - 06/13/09 07:54 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: mlange]
Audiophile Offline
Founding Member

Loc: The Universe
 Originally Posted By: mlange
If you can't tell what it is (or was originally) by looking at it, you might want to reconsider eating it.

'twas a possum ;\)

#132112 - 06/13/09 08:41 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: Audiophile]
olguitar Offline

Loc: minnesota
I hope you enjoyed it.

#132116 - 06/13/09 11:05 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: Nick Batzdorf]
Jeff E Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Aptos, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Nick Batzdorf
"We need the fats and the proteins"

Absolutely, the good fats. That's why it's a good idea to eat lean meat rather than lots of animal fat, and why I don't eat the skin when I eat chicken (it's the fatty part).

For an example of good fat, I was assigned hard cheese from Switzerland, because the cows are fed grass there rather than corn. One of my eyebrows is raised about that, but I do follow it like a good boy anyway. \:\)

See... thats my problem.. Im not good at following. Im good while at home and in a controlled environment. But when I work else where I blow it. Especially in another studio. The Schedule is all over the place and the choices are few and when it comes to peer pressure.. Im not so good..

#132119 - 06/14/09 09:10 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: Jeff E]
Dan Weiss Offline
Founding Member

Loc: New York NY USA
Meat a couple of times a week is OK. Current research absolutely links high meat consumption and colon cancer and other cancers. And sadly, grilled meat is the worst in that regard.

#132122 - 06/14/09 10:29 PM Re: OT: Meat [Re: Dan Weiss]
Nick Batzdorf Offline
Founding Member

I think that's the burned part. But isn't it the fat in the meat that does the damage?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: