Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129967 - 01/22/09 11:23 AM Any Cubase Users Out There?
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
I have a client with tracks we need to get into PT. What is the best way to consolidate the regions into one file with the same start and end point and export into a files folder?

#129973 - 01/22/09 04:30 PM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: jeremy hesford]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Anybody?

#129977 - 01/22/09 07:02 PM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: jeremy hesford]
keyplayer Offline
Veteran Member

This ought to help since Nuendo is basically Cubase plus plus.

This site has an entire section devoted to just importing and exporting between Nuendo & PT. If you don't see what you need immediately, just do a search. I'm sure you'll find what you need.

http://www.nuendo-post.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=43&func=showcat&catid=111

I hope this helps.

#129982 - 01/23/09 05:34 AM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: keyplayer]
DP Offline
Founding Member

Loc: Hampton Bays NY USA
What version of Cubase is he/she using? I currently use SX v1.06 for most of my tracking/mixing needs. It can be a different technique depending on version (different menu options etc.). What I've done in the past is: Make sure that all edits are "frozen" for all tracks.Make sure the tracks are the full length of the project(this will make lining them up easy). "Save project to new folder" in the submenu box you can check several boxes: freeze edits, delete unused files etc. This will put all info (including the audio files) associated with the project into it's own folder - making importing/opening in PT easy and straight forward. This should do it. Good Luck

#129983 - 01/23/09 07:21 AM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: DP]
keyplayer Offline
Veteran Member

#129989 - 01/24/09 05:16 PM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: keyplayer]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Yo Key, where ya been? I read somewhere that you can't do multi- track exports, that you have to do 1 at a time. Is this right?

#129992 - 01/25/09 05:40 PM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: jeremy hesford]
keyplayer Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: jeremy hesford
Yo Key, where ya been? I read somewhere that you can't do multi- track exports, that you have to do 1 at a time. Is this right?

Keyplayer: Hey J, I could easily ask the same question of you. As for the multi-track export question. That's not true. I can export any amount in any combination under pretty much any format except for the "Constantly Moving Target," PT (and even then I can export projects for PT, depending on which version and which day. They keep deliberately making it difficult to swap files so that everyone will be forced to join their platform.). I can export full projects via OMF or Open TL.

Edited by keyplayer (01/25/09 05:40 PM)

#130002 - 01/26/09 05:21 AM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: keyplayer]
DP Offline
Founding Member

You can't do a multitrack "export" in Cubase (in Cubase "export" is another name for "audio mixdown" - really click on export in the File menu and see what you get...ie: in the box mix). That being said, go back and read my first post...no, you don't have to do it one track at a time... \:o

#130005 - 01/26/09 06:38 AM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: DP]
keyplayer Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: DP
You can't do a multitrack "export" in Cubase (in Cubase "export" is another name for "audio mixdown" - really click on export in the File menu and see what you get...ie: in the box mix). That being said, go back and read my first post...no, you don't have to do it one track at a time... \:o

Keyplayer: The "Save Project to New Folder" method is a viable option. But I thought we were talking about switching projects between different applications. In this case, I assumed he'd want to use one of the platforms specific to that task. Nuendo exports all project information and associated media via AAF, AES31,OMF and Open TL. When I pull down the Export folder in my menu all of those options appear.

I can't speak for Cubase, as I have never used it. That's why I just offered links for more info. But I'd always thought that the Cubase and Nuendo platforms were so similar that most of the same functions would apply. If that's not the case, then Jeremy should follow your advice, since it was a Cubase specific question.

#130062 - 01/28/09 09:02 AM Re: Any Cubase Users Out There? [Re: keyplayer]
DP Offline
Founding Member

Yhea, I can't speak to/for Nuendo either, as I've never used it. I know they are similar in certain respects, identical in some, and most likely different in others. As for the export function, it is as I describe(in cubase) sx 1- 3)unless it's changed in Cubase 4 (Jeremy never replied with what version is being used) which I haven't used yet. As Cubase 5 has just been announced I'll be going right there next...

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: