Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129386 - 12/19/08 01:37 PM DA7 Freezing Up - Help
vprstudios Offline

Loc: Los Alamitos, Ca
Hello to all our there,

I need help big time. Lately my DA7 Ver 1 had been freezing up. I have read the other posts regarding this matter. I have restarted the board holding down the METER & CHANNEL buttons in the MASTER DISPLAY section. Sometimes this works - sometimes it doesn't. When I start the board up after I turn it off sometimes it won't boot up and I only get the blue screen.

Here is what happens if I get it running. The board will be ok for about 2-3 min. I will have everything working then the L & R meters will get stuck at what ever level they are reading and everything will then freeze up - no control at all what-so-ever.

I am using my DA7 as my inteface to my computer. I am running two light pipes to a RME card. The program I am using is Cuebase SL3. I have never had a problem with this board till now.

Please help - if anyone can please email me at vpr_studios@yahoo.com or call me at 562-310-2753 with solutions that would be great.

Also if anyone know any repair guys for this board in the Los Angeles or Orange County area that would be great too!

Sincerely

Sean Roberts

#129392 - 12/20/08 12:06 AM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: vprstudios]
Terry McInturff Offline

Loc: Holly Springs NC USA
I wish that I had an answer, but you are in my thoughts...for what little that is worth. If I were in your shoes, I'd be quite unhappy.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

#129394 - 12/20/08 12:29 AM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: Terry McInturff]
JohnH Offline

Loc: west coast
Probably obvious, but have you replaced your battery recently?

I'm not sure if that would cause the symptoms you are describing, but I was having memory dumps and blue screen with 7 year old batteries.

I know how disturbing it can be when the heart of your studio stops beating.

I wish you an easy resolution to this problem.

#129399 - 12/20/08 08:54 AM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: JohnH]
vprstudios Offline

John - The battery life says that it's full so I don't believe that is what's causing the problem - but it's maybe worth a shot.

Sean

#129401 - 12/20/08 10:07 AM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: vprstudios]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
Check the fan ... make sure it's running and the board isn't overheating. Other than that, if it is intermitant, it could be ribbon cables that connect all the sub boards together have come loose, oxidized, or just plain screwed up.

I assume you've tried the old hammer fix (sharp rap to the left and right sides to jog it into remembering what it's supposed to do \:\)

#129408 - 12/20/08 01:30 PM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: Joe Lepore]
vprstudios Offline

Thanks Joe,

I will check the fan. The problem is not intermitant. What I described in my first post is something that is constant in the last week.

Sean

#129420 - 12/21/08 01:11 AM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: vprstudios]
JohnH Offline

Loc: west coast
My battery indicator said full too, but replacing it fixed my problem.
Do you know when you last replaced it?

Probably not the cause of your problem, but it's good to have a fresh cell in there.

#129421 - 12/21/08 02:06 AM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: JohnH]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
Since it is a standard battery, it wouldn't be a bad thing to change while you're in there making sure none of the cables are loose \:\)

#129424 - 12/21/08 10:20 AM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: Joe Lepore]
vprstudios Offline

Today is Sunday and I will try and get a battery today and then open it up and check all the cables. Thank you for your help but if that doesn't work - do any of you know any repair centers in the Los Angeles area?

Sean

#129435 - 12/21/08 06:39 PM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: vprstudios]
Paul Schubert Offline

Loc: World of my own
I notice you said your DA7 has Ver. 1 software. This may indicate it is an earlier model.
I do know there were issues with an IC chip that was coming unseated. Symptoms varied.
There was a fix from what I understand. Apparently a repair shop would mount the IC directly to the circuit board.
I do not know if this is related to your DA7 or not.
Try to do a search.

#129440 - 12/21/08 11:02 PM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: Paul Schubert]
vprstudios Offline

Paul,

Thank you for letting me know that. Again if anyone knows a repair shop that will touch the board in the LA area please let me know.

Sean

#129448 - 12/22/08 04:11 PM Re: DA7 Freezing Up - Help [Re: vprstudios]
vprstudios Offline

Ok Everyone,

I changed the battery - really easy to do. The board seem to be working ok - but then the problems that I'm having are still there. Any other suggestions? In the meantime I will ask again -does ANYONE know a repair center in the Los Angeles area? ANYONE. Please let me know.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: