Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111123 - 07/27/07 12:19 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: rider]
Audiophile Offline
Founding Member

Loc: The Universe
stereo drum mix? that's like instant water.

#111125 - 07/27/07 12:29 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Audiophile]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Loc: odenton md.
Yeah< I forgot to mention, stereo drums very much limits what you do with the drum sound obviously.

#111127 - 07/27/07 12:52 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: rider]
Dark Star Balla Offline

Loc: Chicago Bizurbz
 Originally Posted By: rider
wickstom to big ist fag and youone big faggat! I dont bzack ytou up you absolute idiot!

Rider can I hang with you for day or 2?
That'd prob be enough entertainment for me for a year \:D

Guys I'm not sure how you can judge unless you're mixing the same song. different styles/genres/textures require different mixing techniques and such. You have to listen for different things. mixing an acoustic guitar is much much different than mixing a very chorusy or heavily distorted guitar, rock drums is way diff from jazz or blues drums ect....

#111129 - 07/27/07 07:58 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Audiophile]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Loc: Portland, OR
 Originally Posted By: Audiophile
stereo drum mix? that's like instant water.

Yeah sorry about that - I haven't had a live drum kit in my studio for some time haven't had the space until now. I've been planning on getting a kit all year but just hasn't happened yet.

You could always program new drums using a virtual drum plugin or if you have a kit - re-record. Then again this is to see what you can do with a mix.

#111131 - 07/27/07 08:12 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
Joe Lepore Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minnesota
If you're all changing instrumentation / replacing drums, etc. they it's really not a question of mixing anymore as much as rewriting and producing a new version of the song.

Is this about mixing techniques being compared or about creative production?

#111135 - 07/27/07 10:02 AM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Joe Lepore]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Good point. I don't want to put rules or restrictions on this contest so I'm going to say do what you want. I think it'd be a hoot for all of us to hear anything creative our collegues have to offer, including re-record, add parts etc. That said, if you just want to re-mix using the existing source material, that's fine too. Heck, cut it up and make it a dance mix if that's what grabs you!

#111150 - 07/27/07 11:25 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

i DON'T AGREE jUSTIN, IT SHOULD BE MIXED AS IS. Changing sounds and adding things well not make it an even compitition. It should be as is.

#111151 - 07/27/07 11:28 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: jeremy hesford]
Justin Offline

Site Admin
Founding Member

Noted Jeremy. I don't think most people will take that approach but if they do, I won't stop it.

#111152 - 07/27/07 11:36 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: Justin]
jeremy hesford Offline
Founding Member

Then the point is mute, i'm out. it HAS to be the SAME for everyone. Justin, can't you just keep it real for 5 seconds, "Oh whatever anyone wants to do". If you break the drums down, add sounds then fuck it. it's like allowing someone to start on the tracjk at whatevr point they want. This is useless.

justin, you've once again fucked up a cool thing.

#111153 - 07/27/07 11:55 PM Re: The Great Mix Competition: Jeremy vs. Nick vs. All the rest of us [Re: jeremy hesford]
Stevehwan Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: WI
Man I hate that word....
www.stevecoxjingles.com

Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 ... 28 29 >

Ads and Reviews

Justin's Product Reviews: