Hi, everyone.

I stumbled onto this website looking for more info about the DA7 we use at church, and saw this contest. I'll probably post more on myself later. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to mixing, but I'm having fun learning.

I downloaded and listened to pretty much everyone's mix, and I've read nearly all the posts in this thread so far. I do like what Brent did with his latest. And Jeremy's current entry gets my vote for "most likely to have done his most recent mix on a 4-track cassette." (I think that's what he was going for with that entry, and also from what I've read I get the gist that we may see a second entry from him.)

Well, call me crazy, but after listening to all those mixes, and getting ear fatigue, I found that going back to Justin's original was like fresh air.

So, I went for something "cleaner." Here's my mix. I wouldn't really call it a contest entry; I'm very green at this; just having fun and thought I'd see what you all think about it. After I get a few critiques, I'll let you know what I used; I don't want the tools to bias your opinions quite yet.

Trying to learn how to mix is difficult, because there aren't many opportunities to get raw tracks. Thanks so much for making the raw materials available, Justin!

Attachments
FarFromHome-Swahl.mp3 (189 downloads)